• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Timney Trigger Bolt Release Sticking

sudnit5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
FL
I just replaced my X-Mark trigger with a Timney 510. The install went fine but when I tested the bolt release it sticks in the open position. The trigger release hook appears to be catching on the tip of the bolt release.

I polished the bolt stop at the contact points and used a new spring with no luck.

Any suggestions.

DSC_4161.jpg

This shows the release stuck. (and yes that is a extra long pin for temporary use)

Re: Timney Trigger Bolt Release Sticking

Check that the front pin isn't *dragging* on the bolt release (on the inner side).

That was it. The pin wasn't sitting in the notch on the bolt stop so I slightly bent the pin to fit in the notch. Works perfect. Thanks Thorax!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrbet83</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you explain this better? I'm having the same problem. </div></div>

The arrow is pointing to the bolt release tab. This little tab pushes on the bolt stop. If this little tab is not sitting just right in relation to the bolt stop it will stick. Bend the little tab to ride the bolt stop better and it should move freely.

The other arrow is pointing to the tension screw for the bolt release. Tighten this screw but keep it just loose enough that the bolt release moves freely.

Timneytrigger.jpg

Reactions: stangfish

Loosen or remove the screw enough to lube behind the plate, then tighten the screw to the point that the slide will just move freely.

Also lube the arm in the receiver.

Use a light weight grease, (I use moly with graphite by gunslick).

Had the same thing on mine the screw was too tight and no lube.

Pay attention to HateCa. They like to bind where his bottom arrow is pointing.

Also make sure your front pin is not slightly pushing on the bolt stop.

Thank You: Thorax and swd,
My issue with this situation was that the front pin was dragging on the bolt release. Also make sure that the short
pin is in front. (@#$%)