• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Timney Trigger for AR-15 still a bit heavy

scrabtree121

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2010
Tulsa,OK
Hey all,
Let me start out by saying I've just recently started getting into shooting ARs so forgive me if I'm asking a question that stupid or been asked to death before.

I just purchased a competition Timney trigger for my AR-15 after reading a lot of rave reviews about them and I'm kind of unimpressed so far. There is some creep in the trigger and it's a heavier pull than the 3lbs it claims nearly 4. Has anyone else had these kind of experiences with a Timney? If you have, would you let me know what you did to rectify? I have a shooting buddy that has one on his Grendel setup thats nearly perfect and all he says he did was take it out of the box and drop in and start shooting. I was hoping to have the same kind of experience.

thanks

Re: Timney Trigger for AR-15 still a bit heavy

Sounds out of the norm to me from my experiences with numerous Timney triggers on my own and other people's rifles. All but one I have used (which was repaired/replaced by Timney) was crisp/clean and at the weight stated on the package. The other one that was replaced belonged to a buddy of mine, and it was one that slipped through QC because it was a very rough pull and nearly 5lbs before it would break.

I would contact Timney and let them know that you believe you received a faulty trigger unit based on your observations with the slop in the trigger, as well as the pull weight not being what was promised (4lbs vs. the 3lb trigger you wanted) according to your trigger pull gauge.

Their customer service can be a little slow, but it is effective. Call them at 1-866-484-6639.

I own three of the 3 lbs. models currently. All of them are very nice. Sounds like you need to contact Timney and/or the place you bought it from for a replacement.

Take care,Stan

I own two Timney's and they are both beautiful. No creep, very nice break, and I love the single stage (I can't stand 2 stages). Mine both break at 3.5lbs, but I think that that is normal. If you read the full package it says the trigger normally has 3 to 4 lbs of pull. Mine are both very consistent at 3.5lbs however. They both installed in about 15 minutes out of the box for me (and I'm no gunsmith). I could not be happier with them in my ARs.

I would call Timney on yours - I bet they take care of you.

thanks for the info all.

I'm going to give Timney a call and see what happens.