• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Timney Trigger in AICS

Target In Sight

Where my shots go?!?!?!
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2009
Cali
Hi All,

I did use the search engine and couldn't find an exact answer on this.

I have a Rem700 in an AICS stock. I want to put a Timney trigger with safety in it, and want to make sure that its a straight drop in without mods.

Thank you very much,

Most kindly regards,

Dyl..

Re: Timney Trigger in AICS

It'll depend on how old your stock is. The newer versions are already milled out for the larger triggers.

the timney trigger is <span style="font-style: italic">almost</span> a drop in to the aics. there is a pin that moves side to side when operating the safety on the timney triggers. for some reason, this pin is longer than it needs to be and will hit the the trigger well in the aics. a few minutes with a file or dremel and it will drop in.

i can't remember if the safety needs to be on or off when you shorten the pin though. i set it so the pin is in as far as it goes (whether that is safety on or off) and file it down flush with the trigger body.

thank you 300sniper, appreciate the tips. I'll go ahead and order one.

Dyl..

Re: Timney Trigger in AICS-- Update with question

Hi all, just a status update.

Last night my friend and I tried to install the Timney trigger, and we ran into some difficulties.

First was the safety pin, like 300sniper said, so we busted out the dremel and took care of it.

Second, the plate on the side of the trigger shoe for bolt release kept coming out of its path.

-This is how I think it should be: (Sorry for the crappy iphone picture)
IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

-This is how it was if I push the bolt release in a little angle instead of straight up:
IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

Now, after I put everything back into the stock and skin, the bolt release seem to stay on its path, but still wiggle a bit.

Is this normal?

If not, please kindly advise if any good way to fix it.

Thank you very much,

Dyl..

Have you tried tightening up that allen head screw that holds the bolt release on?
I am trying to remember when I put my trigger in but it seems like I had the same problem and you just gotta get that screw just snug enough that the bolt release still slides but doesn't allow it to move over that lower pin.

Thank you sudnrush,
Yes, I did, and it seemed to be as tight as it can be, but still allows enough room for the metal plate to move out of its path.

I almost want to disassemble that metal plate and try to warp it a bit, and see if that fixes it, but too afraid if I loosen up other internal mechanism that I will have no idea how to put it back.

I just installed a Timney trigger in my AICS. I had some issues with the trigger pin coming into contact with the left inner wall of the AICS trigger well. I used a fluted bit in a Dremel tool to relieve the area where the pin needs to travel laterally as the safety is activated.
Here's an image to go along with an old thread:
smugshot319859-XL.jpg

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to share some information because this thread comes up when you google "AICS timney trigger." In fact, I looked at this thread when trying to figure out whether I would have to mill my stock. Turns out I didn't!

The AX AICS chassis comes with a larger trigger housing. Timney triggers drop in without mods (at least mine did). I have read that the newer AICS also has the same cut outs.

vevjDgMh[1].jpg

TkvCEm59h[1].jpg

I have the newer model AICS chasis for my Rem 700. I installed the Timney trigger, and it dropped right it with no modifications.

the timney trigger is <span style="font-style: italic">almost</span> a drop in to the aics. there is a pin that moves side to side when operating the safety on the timney triggers. for some reason, this pin is longer than it needs to be and will hit the the trigger well in the aics. a few minutes with a file or dremel and it will drop in.

i can't remember if the safety needs to be on or off when you shorten the pin though. i set it so the pin is in as far as it goes (whether that is safety on or off) and file it down flush with the trigger body.

Same method I used...

Forgot to mention, to make your life easier the drift pins (do not watch youtube videos) knock one out till it is just all the way out but so that the rest of the assembly does not come out, the same for the other side. Once in place all you will have to do it knock the pins back in and use pliers to maybe set your bolt release (I had to move it just a hair.) I forgot which way, but you will see once you look at it either the front is left to right (pin knock out) and rear is right to left (pin knock out) or vice versa.

Just make sure you don't knock them all the way out, if you do its no problem just remember how the assembly went together its pretty easy.