• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Timney Trigger Install

Hobo Hilton

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I've been a fan of Timney Triggers for many years. They have all been smooth. Installed one today on a Remington 700 and the safety ( on / off) movement was gritty. Tried it first dry, straight out of the box. Action was not mounted in a stock. Started lubing it and that helped but never got the grittyness out of it. Trigger functions flawlessly. Perhaps that is just a characteristic of this model..... IDK

Attachments

• IMG_5385.JPG
    IMG_5385.JPG
    344.5 KB · Views: 40
Last I checked they recommended a dunk in white campfire fuel or lighter fuel and an air blast. Did you try that?

I own 6 510s and have never cleaned them. All fine.

Last I checked they recommended a dunk in white campfire fuel or lighter fuel and an air blast. Did you try that?

I own 6 510s and have never cleaned them. All fine.
Tried all my old tricks... Similar to the white gas and blow out, even some marvel Mystery oil.. Final oiling was with Lucas gun oil... It feels more like machine marks as I move it back and forth. Put the old Remington trigger back on it and it was smooth as glass. I'm just going to run it for now...

It's a sear block safety so it's probably a rough spot on the safety. I'd contact them and send it back. I wouldn't tolerate a questionable safety.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton