• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Timney trigger problem

MK20

Major Member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 17, 2018
    The land of many waters
    I've got a Timney Hunter Elite trigger in a Remington 700 308. When I send the bolt home with some force, it drops the firing pin.

This is not correct.

Has anyone had this problem before?

I estimate the trigger is set at about 2.5 lbs.

I haven’t. I had a pull no bang issue recently, first ever issue, and Timney fixed it right up. You should email them.

Reactions: MK20
    I've got a Timney Hunter Elite trigger in a Remington 700 308. When I send the bolt home with some force, it drops the firing pin.

This is not correct.

Has anyone had this problem before?

I estimate the trigger is set at about 2.5 lbs.

I had this happen on a Timney a while back. It was maddening because it would not do it while dry firing at home, but after a number of rounds in at the range, it would fire on bolt close. I attributed it to the fact that things were heating up as the rifle fired and certain things were expanding ever so slightly. I found that if I over tightened one of the mounting screws, I could get it to happen when cold. I ended up filing down said mounting screw and the problem stopped.

Ok. Is this user adjustable or a factory issue?
    Doesn't look like it according to their instructions..... Did someone bubba in your cocking piece by chance? If not I be contacting timney

Do you have a pull weight gauge ? Do you know how to tune a Timney trigger ?