• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Timney Trigger Screws

Raven 6

Minuteman
Oct 29, 2006
Blue Ridge
I have a Timney that I need the rear adjustment screw it's a 4-40. Called Timney for a replacement, but they appear to be in no hurry, I have a match in a few weeks and need them now. Anyone know where else I might be able to find these replacement screws.

Re: Timney Trigger Screws

4-40 is a standard machine screw size. You might have trouble finding an allen set screw type, but try your local hardware store, and look in the yellow parts drawer section under set screws. In a pinch, until Timney comes through, you could use a regular screw head 4-40, if you can get one thats just the right length, so it doesn't stick out too far to hit the stock. That screw is the sear engagement screw. Run it in until the trigger trips by itself, then back off 1/2 to 1 turn, dab with drop of nail polish to hold the adjustment.

It's a fairly common machine screw.....
Do you have an Industrial supplier nearby?
Like Kaman industrial?
or maybe an electronics warehouse?

I assume you want a set screw?
If you can't find one, let me know,
I can throw a couple in an envelope and mail them to you,
Andy

Thanks guys, I'll run to the local hardware store and check.