• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tips and Tricks Videos brought to you by Team Vudoo

Dthomas3523

Account no longer active
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2018
    South Texas
    Hello. I recently joined the Vudoo Gun Works shooting team.

In collaboration with @RAVAGE88 I/we will be doing fairly regular tips and tricks videos. Some will have to do with technical things such as cleaning and rifle setup. But this will primarily be focused on actual shooting. Things learned from thousands of rounds that may help the novice speed up their learning curve, or help the seasoned competitor add something else to their toolbox.

These videos will assume you have an understanding of the fundamentals of marksmanship. If not, I highly encourage you to seek out instructors like Frank and Marc. There is absolutely no replacement for in person training. Especially with the pedigree of the two mentioned.

This will be semi regular, but I don’t want to commit to every week or every month as it just lets people down if we don’t make a date.

The best part is you all get to collectively decide what the videos will be about. I will either make this a sticky and reset the posts for each upcoming video, or I will make a new thread each time. I will leave it open for replies for a few days and then pick the most requested topic or most liked topic. If there’s a lot of popular topics, I will make those videos before we crowd source more.

This will have through the scope as well as regular footage and be accompanied my commentary.

So, let’s kick this off Hide. What say you?

What topic/s would you like addressed first? Examples would be:

How to shoot movers
    How to properly utilize a support bag like a fortune cookie
    I hate the (insert prop here), how do I master it

etc etc

So, let’s hear it!

How to manage time vs speed to get the most impacts per stage.

I didn’t make this video, someone filmed it while I was shooting.

If you ignore my sloppy trigger control at the time, it’s a good video to see good time management. You’ll notice the first few shots I stayed on optic extra long to make sure I had my wind call into the center or pro side of plate. After that, it was off to races.

6 positions, 12 shots, 200 or so yd Target. 2min time

Also notice I didn’t stick to my plan. I should have changed mags between position 5 and 6. I did however not lose my composure and finished the stage.

Last edited:
    How to effectively use a bipod (installation point options, configuration option, shooting technique to get best repeatability).

I’ll defer that to @lowlight and suggest his in person courses as well as his online training here. General bipod use is a within the realm of fundamentals of marksmanship.

Though I’ll add something to list like “when to and not to use a bipod on the clock.”