• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tired of seeing the original post on each page of a thread

JeffLebowski

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2008
VA
Is there a way to disable this? Also, this is by far the slowest loading gun forum I visit, I hope the software loading time gets faster.

I like the OP on the top. Sometimes on page ten three days later it helps to keep the conversation on topic.

Is there a way to disable this? Also, this is by far the slowest loading gun forum I visit, I hope the software loading time gets faster.

Agree on both counts. Especially when that first post is long and has a lot of pics. It should be an option.

Slow loading? My browser times out half the time because it’s so slow.

Yup, very slow. It takes nearly 30 seconds for a “like” to register and as noted, the pages load exceedingly slowly. Lowlight , I’d be happy to provide load time data if that would help.

the slow has nothing to do with this,

They are working on the site but vBulletin had an update that fucked it up , and now they have another fix that is scheduled

As I have noted, we are doing a HUGE TRUMP Style revamp of the site. The forum is last because it's very, very fucked

Over the last few days too, the app server was not working right

They updated it, but it is still fucked,

Odds are I will be moving off of vBulletin as it is the problem. When a person searches it jams up the server, and then when another person tries to access the site it gets put behind the search inquiry, and normally what happens is guys are tired of waiting so they hit the button again which jams up the database and slows the whole thing down. With more traffic, comes more slowdown as we have a ton of hardware thrown at the site.

it's a design flaw in vBulletin and pretty much every discussion online regarding forums says, vBulletin 5 is complete shit. So talking with the server guys this weekend to sort this out, we are basically gonna dump vBulletin 5 and go to a completely different system to fix this issue.

I am fully aware of the issues and I am not sitting around just watching, we are being proactive but it takes a bit to plan, and then schedule to minimize the impact, in November I contracted a developer to work on the site. The forum is a completely different matter as nobody wants to touch vB 5

we caused the crash messing around behind the scenes,

Were were on for hours yesterday doing stuff,

I don't give a shit what other people use, I am not them and I am not going backwards,

vB 3.8 is the only stable version by their own admission

It's gonna be slow tonight too, they are updating and installing Xenforo

Plus this is all subject of a Vbulletin update which is what changed and why we started seeing the slowdown

Pointing to forum with 1/4 the use and members is not assisting in any way, especially since we left 4.2 in the dust a long time ago, like 3 years

Vbulletin has issues, that is a known fact

Quotes

You are here: Home / CMS / vBulletin Alternatives – 10 Alternatives to vBulletin For Forums [h=1]vBulletin Alternatives – 10 Alternatives to vBulletin For Forums[/h]
posted on DECEMBER 16, 2016
vBulletin has been going down the barrel since it was acquired by Internet brands from Jelsoft and vBulletin 3.8.x is still the most stable version when comparing to vBulletin 4.x and 5.x. When such an old version is the only stable, usable and customizable, there is a need for alternative solutions and so here are 10 best vBulletin alternatives.

It's gonna be slow tonight too, they are updating and installing Xenforo

Plus this is all subject of a Vbulletin update which is what changed and why we started seeing the slowdown

Pointing to forum with 1/4 the use and members is not assisting in any way, especially since we left 4.2 in the dust a long time ago, like 3 years

Vbulletin has issues, that is a known fact

Quotes

You are here: Home / CMS / vBulletin Alternatives – 10 Alternatives to vBulletin For Forums [h=1]vBulletin Alternatives – 10 Alternatives to vBulletin For Forums[/h]
posted on DECEMBER 16, 2016
vBulletin has been going down the barrel since it was acquired by Internet brands from Jelsoft and vBulletin 3.8.x is still the most stable version when comparing to vBulletin 4.x and 5.x. When such an old version is the only stable, usable and customizable, there is a need for alternative solutions and so here are 10 best vBulletin alternatives.

Frank, can you just chill? I was just offering data. I absolutely want this forum to work well. I’m NOT talking shit and I offered to help with diagnosing the slowdowns (I have the ability to to do this).