• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Titanium .50 BMG Brake? "Light" Stock Options?

Lucky250

Private
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2023
U.S.
Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm somewhat new to the .50 BMG world and am trying to get a handle on what components are available to help a heavier barreled rifle build meet the 32 pound 8 ounce weight requirement for a certain class of FCSA competition. This is just something I'm daydreaming about at the moment, plus it's fun to theoretically shop for parts. That being said, anyone know of any titanium muzzle brakes that are either specifically designed for or would otherwise work for the .50 BMG? The lightest brake I have found so far is the APA Gen 2 XXX Bastard at just under 20 ounces. I've come across a few others that are titanium and that look fairly large, but they don't really say if they'd work for the .50 BMG or not. Also, while I'm at it, what do people do for "lightweight" stocks for the fifties? Lightest I have found is the 50 LBR Flat Top Rifle Stock from McMillan at 6.5 pounds, is this as light as it gets? Is it possible to go lighter with some sort of custom stock? Thanks.

Reactions: stefan73