• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns titanium pocket pistol

Finris

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2003
Is.
The Doubletap Titanium Pocket Pistol by Heizer Defense

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with one, or have handled one and what your thoughts are. When I saw it I thought of the WW2 guns they dropped in occupied territory. I'm not sure I would like a 10lb trigger either. Any one with some hands on would be nice. Thank You.

With all that porting, I'd like to see a velocity report before I get too excited...

The trigger pull is 7-8 lbs range. They are not
Selling well at all at least at the va shows/shops.
I would these will go the way of the cop 4 barrel pistols from the 1990's..... out of business

For me stuff like this is only interesting for things like running. I don't see replacing my S&W 340PD with this...

The trigger pull is 7-8 lbs range. They are not
Selling well at all at least at the va shows/shops.
I would these will go the way of the cop 4 barrel pistols from the 1990's..... out of business
-
Wow 7 or 8 lb. trigger pull . If I wanted a last resort, micro-carry with hideous trigger pull . I would spend way Less-$$ and get Keltec .380 . which also has more Mag. Round capacity also .

I haven't shot one but I've handled one at my local shop. They seem well made, the early ones has an issue, see this review:

Gun Review: DoubleTap Tactical Pocket Pistol | The Truth About Guns

The issue seems to have been resolved. In six or so months the shop has sold two of the three they originally bought. Seems like a decent "last ditch" carry option but not very versatile.
-
For a last ditch the .45 DoubleTap would be a brute with the ft.lbs. of power on impact in 2 fast pulls .
( IF ) I would buy a DoubleTap it would be the ' .45 cal. ' over a 9mm anyday because that's the bottom-line of last ditch and raw power is your upper-hand for last chance .

But then again the Kel .380 is easy on the recoil but with less ft.lb's impact . 'but' it's 6 fast shots and it volume your dealing-out with easy to control recoil .
Both are 'Hideous' on the Long-Draw trigger pull .
But Reliability is the theme for Last Ditch weapon . And that has to go for the over-under design DoubleTap, over a semi-auto with it's Feed & Ejection design .
---
There are also a couple good size comparison side x side Pic. in this forum thread . My pocket mouse .380 Keltec really is a tad smaller over the DoubleTap design .
Zombie Squad ? View topic - New 45ACP ubercompact pistol, the "Double Tap"

I have played with one at the gun shop. It's expensive IMO for what it is and its two shots. It seemed well built though. I just can't justify buying something of that nature for that much money.

I guess one advantage over the smaller autos would be there is no chance of an out of battery condition if it was jammed into your assailants ribs.

Personally I think at a much lower price point it would be something to throw in the back pocket like a wallet but for now ill stick to the glock in the waistband instead. I wouldn't pay more for that than I would for a ruger lcp despite the increased energy though. Just my opinion.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

I have played with one at the gun shop. It's expensive IMO for what it is and its two shots. It seemed well built though. I just can't justify buying something of that nature for that much money.

I guess one advantage over the smaller autos would be there is no chance of an out of battery condition if it was jammed into your assailants ribs.

Personally I think at a much lower price point it would be something to throw in the back pocket like a wallet but for now ill stick to the glock in the waistband instead. I wouldn't pay more for that than I would for a ruger lcp despite the increased energy though. Just my opinion.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
-
Agree and practice religious on the Glock26 IWB and I cant see paying that much for a DoubleTap when the sub-compact G26 is there for the same price and relaxing to carry iwb .

For something to throw/carry in your coat pocket and fill full of lint and deep concealment . for retail price of that Ti DoubleTap, I would go the bob-hammer scandium airlite revolver way of thinking . 'Nothing' for last ditch more reliable in or out the pocket than a snub-nose bob-hammer revolver .
-

Last edited: