• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TJ's General Store

1911GunNut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2011
Houston, TX
Anyone have issues with them? They have decent prices, but customer service seems to be zero. I've been trying to get a status of an order for a couple of weeks, no replies to my email and no phone number on their website.

They haven't charged my CC, so at this point I sent them another message telling them to cancel my order and if I am charged I'll dispute the charge and refuse the package.

At this point there is absolutely nothing they could do to get me to place another order with them.

Sorry for the rant, meant as a heads up before anyone else wastes weeks with them just to get back silence and have no idea whats going on.

Re: TJ's General Store

I have ATTEMPTED to purchase from them in the past and it was a complete waste of time and an exercise in frustration.

My experience sounds similar to your situation. I called to inquire about a product because the price was roughly 15% cheaper from them than anywhere else around. At the time I called, I was told it was in stock but yet after I ordered and gave my CC info, nothing happened. Despite attempts to reach them about it over the course of several weeks (I had expected the item within a week according to what I was told), I was unable to reach them until finally speaking with a human being about a month later who informed me that what I ordered wasn't available at that time and that my card would not be charged until the item was in and shipped. Needless to say...ORDER CANCELLED!

I felt like I'd been BOTACHED!!!
wink.gif

Apparently they have removed their phone number from their website, it just says email them now. Guess too many complaints.

Funny, I was already thinking Botach.

I have ordered several things for my TRG from them. I never had any problems. I emailed them and they got back to me in about 24 hours.

I've ordered a TRG bipod and got it within a week. However I never had occasion to email or call them so I can't comment on that aspect.

I have ordered accessories for my TRGs and never had a reason to contact them. Always received my orders in a timely manner. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Third Generation.....

They are a site sponsor and good guys, </div></div>

No, no...two completely different companies as far as I know, Chiller. I was not referring to Third Generation Shooting Supply (in OK) in my post above, but TJ General Store in Martinsburg, PA. I have not yet had the opportunity to do business with TGSS.

If those companies are related (or the same), please let me know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Third Generation.....

They are a site sponsor and good guys, </div></div>

No, no...two completely different companies as far as I know, Chiller. I was not referring to Third Generation Shooting Supply (in OK) in my post above, but TJ General Store in Martinsburg, PA. I have not yet had the opportunity to do business with TGSS.

If those companies are related (or the same), please let me know. </div></div>

My bad....

Third Generation in OK was great to deal with.