• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

TJ's Low Light Carbine Class

Shady_Jay

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2006
I just got home from his evening class. It is well worth the $65 for a few hours of training.

We covered the proper way to use weapon mounted lights and deploying back up flashlights if they fail. Typical stoppage drills were run. We did a lot of timed positional target engagement in the dark with our lights. Pistol transition drills were covered and finally wrapped up with an informative AAR. It was a great touch up and learning experience. I'll be back.

The single point sling that has never given me a problem failed on the first string. Time to get a new sling....

Re: TJ's Low Light Carbine Class

I'm bummed I forgot about this class that would have been a good one to attend.

Low light carbine stuff is fun, and if you intend to use a carbine for home defense, it's invaluable training.

Anyone take notice of the different muzzle flash between the various muzzle devices?

I love my BlackOut mount that I run for low light, virtually no muzzle flash at all.

I run a suppressor so it is a non-issue for me.

The evening classes are at Elm Fork here in Dallas.

That is an excellent class. I took it last year. TJ is a great instructor, these 2-3 hours of instruction was great for $65. His concealed carry with snubby's and the popcorn bag is the best though. If you get to take that one do

I'm jealous of my Texas bros!! You guys have it locked up for great instruction. Having met TJ for the first time at the Team Match I'd like to take one of his classes.

I'd have to really hurry up to get there after work for the evening class Jay!! lol

My camera battery was dead, or we would have had some great low light examples of muzzle flash. Number one had to go to the AK, not only did it make you grit your teeth, but a great fire ball. The SBR next to him was a close second. You guys train hard and push to the limits. When the timer went off, no one wanted to be the last shot heard. Great motivation with out asking, you can't beat that...........T.J.

the straps slid out of the buckle and I had to re-weave it through the buckles and wrap 100mph tape around it.