• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tl3 hunting and trainer build!

Matt_3479

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2009
Wondering if I could maybe get some direction on doing a build. I stumbled across a deal too good to pass on a benchmark prefit 223 rem 8 twist mtu contour for a bighorn tl3 and jumped all over it. The perfect thing to purchase when you don’t own a tl3 lol so that is being ordered as I type this out! My current line up looks like this; vudoo v22 krg bravo, kelbly 6mm creed in an mpa, terminus Zeus 25 creed in a krg whiskey 3 gen 6, stiller tac 30 260 rem in a McMillan a5 and a defiance deviant 300 Norma in a manner t5a elite.

I’d really like to turn this tl3 into my primary coyote set up and order a second barrel. 20 cal, 1:11 or 1:10 twist to be chambered in 20 tactical. Due to being a hunting build my in stock options are benchmark #4, #5 or BHV. Second options are KS in damn near any contour so trying to figure that out.

My question is, what stock would you run for a hunting build that would still feel decent to train behind? Or am I wasting my time and just focus on the hunting side and throw the 223 on no matter what it feels like? I do have a spare McMillan htg adjustable laying around with a Hawkins m5 bottom metal, but was also thinking an eh1a might be nice! I love chassis but wouldn’t mind keeping weight down a bit. 9-11pound range

I bought a 223 barrel for my TL3 and I ended up getting another TL3 action for my other barrels because I shoot the 223 so much. I have a Manners PRS1 and and Axial Precision stock for my TL3's and they both make great hunting setups. I think the KRG Bravo would also make a good all purpose stock for your setup

I bought a 223 barrel for my TL3 and I ended up getting another TL3 action for my other barrels because I shoot the 223 so much. I have a Manners PRS1 and and Axial Precision stock for my TL3's and they both make great hunting setups. I think the KRG Bravo would also make a good all purpose stock for your setup

I’ve actually never owned a 223! Or a 308 lol. I have been back and fourth for some time trying to talk myself into a tl3 when I found the barrel which now I have too. I just figured it would be nice to shoot some centerfire without worrying about barrel life as much but a 24” mtu is too heavy to drag around for coyotes.

I thought about a prs1, or the eh1a from manners mainly. Then considered moving the bravo over from the vudoo and replacing that with a chassis for my main trainer.

I have used the PRS1, the EH1, and the bravo. I love all three. My bravo is on a 6 creedmoor Tikka and that is my main coyote hunting setup. I prefer the bravo because of the picatinny rail attachments on the side and the ease of attaching an arca rail on the bottom. That way I can mount my night hunting lights and set it up on a tripod. It's still very light and comfortable to carry.

Reactions: Matt_3479
i have a SR3 with a 223 MTU....man i love shooting it....berger 77 otms and shoots bug holes all day long....can see my trace.....in fact I may run it in a few PRS matches this coming season

i have a SR3 with a 223 MTU....man i love shooting it....berger 77 otms and shoots bug holes all day long....can see my trace.....in fact I may run it in a few PRS matches this coming season

What velocity are you getting?

I have a TL3 in an MPA ultralite. I run a WTO switch lug and have a 22” 223 barrel for a light and fun trainer and an 18” 6.5 Creed Proof carbon barrel for killing deer. The rifle weighs 10 lbs with the Proof and a 4-16 ATACR. 223 is a blast and super easy to swap barrels with the WTO SL.

0BF683AC-E58D-4571-BF83-36240AC4CF8E.jpeg

Thanks everyone. Barrel is being ordered. 20 cal 6groove 1:10 twist benchmark to be chambered in 20 tactical for the main coyote rig finished at 24”. Then the 223 6 groove 1:8 twist mtu benchmark is on its way for my trainer. Hoping to adjust my current load sightly snd get the 20 tac running the 35 bergers or 39 blitzkings infront of a healthy dose of 8202xbr and then start load development on the 223. No idea where to start.

Just need to order the tl3, have a tt special, tt primary and a jewel sitting around here to be thrown on this build. Have to figure out what stock/chassis to use and get it operational!

I recommend any of the TT’s they all feel great in the TL3, I’ve currently got a Diamond in mine but I’ve the primary in it as well.