• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TL3 with TL3 barrel not indexing correctly

Sogan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2013
I’m assuming this is probably an issue but wanted to see what you all thought. Most of the threads I see about them not indexing correctly is because they are using an origin barrel on a TL3 or vice versa and their threads start 180 degrees different than each other.

How about a TL3 with a TL3 barrel? Gauges have been ordered to check but very curious on your guys thoughts

Both the action and the barrel were bought used…so you know

Attachments

• B3F14B3F-A2A2-4553-AEF9-87E9BFFEAA0D.jpeg
    B3F14B3F-A2A2-4553-AEF9-87E9BFFEAA0D.jpeg
    443.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 81D3F20B-3D30-405A-8F22-CE324A598634.jpeg
    81D3F20B-3D30-405A-8F22-CE324A598634.jpeg
    708.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
It’s not an issue. Check the headspace if it’s good then. Shoot it.

From the proof research website
“* Due to variance in actions we do not guarantee the timing and alignment of the barrel engraving to your stock line.”

Last edited:
Not an issue if it passes a gage.

Unless you're trolling, in which case totally unsafe and shameful display from the company. You're just lucky you can see the calibre mark and it's not totally unsafe or whatever that other dude complained about...

• Haha
Reactions: Mrindecisive
Not an issue if it passes a gage.

Unless you're trolling, in which case totally unsafe and shameful display from the company. You're just lucky you can see the calibre mark and it's not totally unsafe or whatever that other dude complained about...
Haha no trolling here. My AI didn’t line up with a factory barrel off a different action either and it was never an issue. I’ll wait for the gauges and check and then I won’t worry about it again. Thanks gentlemen