• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses TMACS 2-Day TAPS Class AAR

Sumpter Steve

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2006
Gresham, Oregon
AAR is not complete due to.....(To be continued).

PatMcnamara2012002.jpg

Re: TMACS 2-Day TAPS Class AAR

This weekend I had the opportunity to attend Mac's 2-Day TAPS class. I really enjoyed Mac's "no frills" training approach and the intensity that he brings to the firing line. The techniques that he teaches have been forged in battle and will help you "win" a gunfight. I learned several new drills that will help me continue to improve my skills as well as help me attain a "higher level to live at". I strongly urge you to contact Mac at www.tmacsinc.com or www.aliastraining.com and sign up for one of his classes. Below is a course outline that I took off of his website. As he would say: "Ready, Ready, Break".

<span style="font-weight: bold">2-Day Tactical Application of Practical Shooting (TAPS)</span>

Course Overview:
Tactical shooting requires agile and adaptive thinkers able to handle the challenges of full spectrum operations in an era of persistent conflict. To meet this requirement, TAPS delivers a comprehensive, systematic, progressive Train-the-Trainer shooting program focused on fundamental mastery and built for Law Enforcement officers, military personal, and qualified civilians. Designed for leaders and trainers, the TAPS course also applies to the patrol-level officer, basic level Soldiers, and civilian self & home defense minded shooters. The approach to instruction is through coaching and mentorship and both demonstrates and transfers a training method that is safe, effective, combat relevant, and encourages a continuous thought process that demands accountability.

Training is conducted on the range and focuses on advanced refinement of the basic fundamentals of marksmanship as applied to the primary and secondary weapons systems. Utilizing a building block learning model, TAPS combines the pressures and dynamics of competitive shooting and tactical application. While course of instruction is on the firing range, the TAPS training approach also translates into training venues outside the range.

Course Outline:
The 2-day course offering provides the following training and instruction:
- Lecture on proper weapons handling and safety
- Refresh the fundamentals and grouping exercises
- Conduct a diagnostic course of fire
- Conduct a discussion on the importance of performing a focal shift during training and avoiding mundane drills that do not encourage a thought process
- Other topics covered and practiced are; grouping exercises with both primary and secondary weapon systems, target discrimination, use of barricades, movement, close quarter battle techniques, immediate action drills, ballistics 101, transitions, magazine changes
- Escalation of training and intensity will vary depending on number of students and their skill level though the core of the course will always remain the same
- This course is marksmanship intensive.

PatMcnamara2012001.jpg