• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision TNV/PVS-14 Harris Gen3 PINNACLE

EXTREMEPREJUDICE

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2008
SE MICHIGAN
Does anyone have any first hand experience with TNVC warranty claims, more specifically the Gen 3 PVS-14's assembled by TNVC if possible? The 10 year warranty sounds nice but it's so full of disclaimers I'm not really certain how good it really is? I'm looking for a helmet mount and the specs look good for the list. TIA!

FWIW, in my biased opinion, our warranty actually has fewer disclaimers than most--we just put the fine-print front and center, rather than trying to hide it at the bottom of the website or on an invoice or something.

But the short version is this:

Our warranty covers any manufacturing defects as long as you didn't use it in a way totally outside of how it's supposed to be used (e.g., watching a solar eclipse through your Sentinels), didn't mess with it or send it to someone else to get modified and they broke it, and as long as we can still get parts for it--obviously if the PVS-14 is suddenly and totally discontinued sometime between now and 2028 and there's no way for us to ever get parts for it... we can't really fix it.

Other than that, we can, will, and do support the product, and even if you have a repair that is outside of warranty, we will do our best to help you out with repairs, though depending on what you've done with it, we can't guarantee that the repair will be free, but we obviously want every customer to have a superior experience throughout the time they own our product--and we're never going to tell you to go pound sand.

~Augee

I've got experience with TNVC and CS/returns. I bought a Crye helmet from them and when I got it, the small screws provided literally pulled right through the carbon fiber and damaged the helmet when trying to install the shroud. Not the same as Kevlar. They needed small washers. I called Crye and explained it to them, they said not their problem, I told TNVC and they said sent it back, they'd take care of it --and they sent me a new helmet same day. So I mailed the old one back and had a new one like 2 days later. That's a $1000+ helmet.

They've never tried to upsell me or sell me off on shit I didn't need, they've always answered my questions and helped me out with selection of gear that fit my specs, budget, whatever. They know their shit too. If I have questions about NV in general, this is who I call first. NV is a cutthroat industry too, had one place try to sell me "NASA spec." PVS 14's for only $5000! Whatever. TNVC had JUST came out with their own line, but I was looking for something specific, an Omni7 ITT hand select unit (those were the tightest specs and the tube AND unit were made and assembled in ITT's ISO clean room). It is by far the best green PVS 14 I've ever used, super clear and super bright, maxed S/N and works in fog and overcast. However, today, I'd buy their hand select WP model, and I'd like it in Multicam. Whatever you get, it's worth it to get the hand select IMO. YOU get to set the specs on the tube and what you will or will not settle for. An order takes longer that way, you may have to wait until they get a tube that meets your specs, and the tighter they are the longer that can take. I waited a month or so and they called me when a shipment came in that was either close or spot on (my specs were pretty tight too).

As for warranty, I looked at mine a while back and I think it was only 1 year on the unit and 2 or 3 years on the tube? Or maybe it's the other way around. I can't recall but I can say a TEN year warranty, even with fine print, is probably gonna be better. It's probably their extended warranty with the fine print tacked on top of the factory warranty. That's how most warranties work.

I'd go with TNVC and not look back. Get your NODs without all the legacy bullshit. Mine came in a soft case with just a few basics. That way I got a good dovetail mount, etc. and didn't spend extra on junk I'd never use.

Oh, when you get it, whatever you get, get a Crye soft cover! $100. Get the cheaper polymer/metal shroud (Wilcox? $65?) it's perfect for the soft cover and keeps weight down. That's it. Just clip on the mount/NODs and ready to go. It's comfortable, like a ball cap with a chin strap and a 14 instead of a bill. WISH they had this when I was in the army! Basically I don't use that $1000 helmet anymore. So I'd recommend getting it along with the mount, etc., and holding off on a helmet until you see if you still want one. Unless you need ballistic protection, the Crye cap is a superior way of wearing NODs IMO. Also folds up and fits in your pocket and can be stowed ready to wear. There's also a couple other newer "skullcrushers" that are worth looking at too, but they cost more.