• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision TNVC delivers my PVS31a

Dvlray6

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2020
Texas
During the vSHOTT event, I was stunned to see that L3 was now allowing its previously restricted PVS31a with 2376 min FOM unflimed WP tubes to be sold with full factory support through TNVC. I have been a very happy TNVC customer for over 10 years. I wasn’t even looking for another bino setup at the time but I could not pass this up. I placed my order within the first minute after the announcement on 1/19 with the supplied vSHOTT discount. My beautiful kit arrived on Thursday 3/11. With the kit came a nice multi cam bag, the PVS31a with data sheets, the factory battery pack and cable, AA lithium batteries, Wilcox filters x2, and a matching TNVC Mohawk in woodland camo made for the 31 battery.

Let’s just say the tubes were spectacular. They were certainly 2376 minimum. Specs were

S/N : 38.3. / 36.6
RES: 72. / 72
FOM: 2758 / 2635
Photosensitivity: 2638 / 2835
EBI: 0.9 / 0.8
Halo: 0.74. / 0.64
With no blems at all in zone 1, 2, or 3.

Let’s just say I was speechless. It became even more so once I got a chance to look through them when the sun went down. The image quality was easily the best I’ve ever seen and I’ve been playing with NVGs for the last 10+ years. I own hand selected thin film GP and unfilmed WP L3 tubes in my other setups - a NE PVS14, a dual gain Sentinel, and an ABC Sentinel.

The features on the 31 are everything I need and nothing that I don’t. I really appreciate the gain adjustment for adjustability in high lighting conditions. IPD stops are standard equipment. The weight of this unit is ridiculously low compared to anything I’ve handled (less than a pound with the battery, even less without if you use the cable to power it). Deleting the onboard illumination (which has caused me to occasionally AD in the past) and the elimination of the diopter adjustment for weight savings is perfect. I have IR illum on my rifle and helmet and I don’t find the need to adjust diopter as my vision is corrected to 20/20 already anyway.

The day after the rest of my order delivered - a Safran cable kit to power my e-coti and PVS31a from the battery pack and the e-coti PVS-31 mount. Given the issue others have posted about battery life on the e-coti when used this way, I’m very interested in seeing how it performs with my setup. I’m following the other thread closely but will post up my observations when I get a chance.

I haven’t been able to take any pics through the tube but I will soon. Thank to to Vic, Augee, Jaimie and the team for bringing this to the .civ market. This goggle is now my first out set. You have another very happy TNVC customer here. I truly cannot get over the low weight and the unbelievably good image quality on this goggle.

Last edited:
During the vSHOTT event, I was stunned to see that L3 was now allowing its previously restricted PVS31a with 2376 min FOM unflimed WP tubes to be sold with full factory support through TNVC. I have been a very happy TNVC customer for over 10 years. I wasn’t even looking for another bino setup at the time but I could not pass this up. I placed my order within the first minute after the announcement on 1/19 with the supplied vSHOTT discount. My beautiful kit arrived on Thursday 3/11. With the kit came a nice multi cam bag, the PVS31a with data sheets, the factory battery pack and cable, AA lithium batteries, Wilcox filters x2, and a matching TNVC Mohawk in woodland camo made for the 31 battery.

Let’s just say the tubes were spectacular. They were certainly 2376 minimum. Specs were

Let’s just say I was speechless. It became even more so once I got a chance to look through them when the sun went down. The image quality was easily the best I’ve ever seen and I’ve been playing with NVGs for the last 10+ years. I own hand selected thin film GP and unfilmed WP L3 tubes in my other setups - a NE PVS14, a dual gain Sentinel, and an ABC Sentinel.

The features on the 31 are everything I need and nothing that I don’t. I really appreciate the gain adjustment for adjustability in high lighting conditions. IPD stops are standard equipment. The weight of this unit is ridiculously low compared to anything I’ve handled (less than a pound with the battery, even less without if you use the cable to power it). Deleting the onboard illumination (which has caused me to occasionally AD in the past) and the elimination of the diopter adjustment for weight savings is perfect. I have IR illum on my rifle and helmet and I don’t find the need to adjust diopter as my vision is corrected to 20/20 already anyway.

The day after the rest of my order delivered - a Safran cable kit to power my e-coti and PVS31a from the battery pack and the e-coti PVS-31 mount. Given the issue others have posted about battery life on the e-coti when used this way, I’m very interested in seeing how it performs with my setup. I’m following the other thread closely but will post up my observations when I get a chance.

I haven’t been able to take any pics through the tube but I will soon. Thank to to Vic, Augee, Jaimie and the team for bringing this to the .civ market. This goggle is now my first out set. You have another very happy TNVC customer here. I truly cannot get over the low weight and the unbelievably good image quality on this goggle.

Where did you source the cable that powers both the Ecoti and 31a from?

Glad you're liking the gear, thank you for the business and trust.

Reactions: cschastain2
Where did you source the cable that powers both the Ecoti and 31a from?
Per TNVC Augee post over on Arfcom. Daaaaaaaamit Boy.

"The ECOTI GPS Battery Pack runs about $2,800 and change, not including the cable assembly, which is $300+."

So if the ECOTI Battery Cap threads are the same as the Pas 29A Coti someone could make an external power solution that fits both Models and make a dang fortune given that about 700 legacy Pas 29A's are being liquidated by Euro Optics plus the already existing Pas 29A's out there plus the new ECoti's that will be sold.

I called Euro Optics a few days ago and they told me they had a few over 200 Pas 29A's left, so it appears they have sold almost 500 now.

DTNVG Battery Pack Adapter

Reactions: Victor-TNVC
When I talked to Augee about the ecoti splitter cable for the 31s, he was not exactly hot on the idea. Thought it wasn't worth the cost, and that it amounted to a lot of cables. As far as the battery pack for the ecoti, I believe it is GPS enabled, which might be great with access to all the other cool shit, but without, it is just an overpriced battery pack.

Reactions: WhereNow&How