• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

to add a silencer or not

wildbill9ball

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
Avondale ,AZ
to add a silencer or not that is the question
So I have an AAC 7.62 SD (51 tooth) in transit.
I was going to put it on my socom 16 (m1a). But it is been a pipe dream that i have decided against it.

So I have this AR-10T with a white oak krieger barrel that shoot`s way beyond my skill`s.It is nice knowing if you miss it is not the equipment. so should i take the chance and added it or save it for another gun?
028.jpg
021.jpg

Re: to add a silencer or not

Perhaps my view is skewed from living in a state where suppressors are forbidden, but put the freakin' suppressor on!
grin.gif
I would if I could.

A can is great for recoil and sound managment - it's a win win!

the one great thing about a suppressor is you can take on or off if you like. I would go for it if I were in your shoes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Playerz1337</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you have one inbound already, why not try it on both and see if you like it? </div></div>

+1 What he said

Just have the barrels threaded and get thread protectors for all of them. You'll have a lot of money in the can and you will want to play with it. I use mine on everything that they fit, you'll wind up threading every .308 barrel you own eventually anyway (trust me on this one) so you might as well start that way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frog5215</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It obviously shoots, but why is the bipod so far back? </div></div>
It is more accurate to support the gun as close to the receiver as you can get. The hand guard is a free float hand guard . Try it some time even with sand bags it will give you better groups.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frog5215</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It obviously shoots, but why is the bipod so far back? </div></div>
It is more accurate to support the gun as close to the receiver as you can get. The hand guard is a free float hand guard . Try it some time even with sand bags it will give you better groups. </div></div>

If its a free float tube, and doesn't flex or move, it shouldn't matter where you support it should it? Unless you are talking about the point at which the gun pivots upon recoiling maybe?

Oh, and by all Fucking means put that damn hush tube to use!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RTL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Playerz1337</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you have one inbound already, why not try it on both and see if you like it? </div></div>

+1 What he said

Just have the barrels threaded and get thread protectors for all of them. You'll have a lot of money in the can and you will want to play with it. I use mine on everything that they fit, you'll wind up threading every .308 barrel you own eventually anyway (trust me on this one) so you might as well start that way. </div></div>

This. Not much harm in giving it a try, and you might as well get as much use out of your suppressor investment as possible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frog5215</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It obviously shoots, but why is the bipod so far back? </div></div>
It is more accurate to support the gun as close to the receiver as you can get. The hand guard is a free float hand guard . Try it some time even with sand bags it will give you better groups. </div></div>

If its a free float tube, and doesn't flex or move, it shouldn't matter where you support it should it? Unless you are talking about the point at which the gun pivots upon recoiling maybe?

Oh, and by all Fucking means put that damn hush tube to use!!!! </div></div>just try it before you comment on something

I just about went broke buying AAC mounts for all my .308 platforms

9 months on the same picture and target? You need to get out and shoot some more!

Cans are cool, but I have no need for one. I was very close to getting one earlier this year, but other than the CDI factor it really adds no benefit for me. I decided to spend the money on shooting. For less money than a can and a stamp I'm rebarreling a rifle and feeding it.....

If your question is "will a supressor affect my rifle's accuracy" the answer would be-other than a POI shift when canned with a quality can- no (that is as long as the threading is done right and doesn't affect your crown).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frog5215</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It obviously shoots, but why is the bipod so far back? </div></div>

If its a free float tube, and doesn't flex or move, it shouldn't matter where you support it should it <span style="color: red">?</span> Unless you are talking about the point at which the gun pivots upon recoiling maybe <span style="color: red">? </span>

</div></div>just try it before you comment on something </div></div>

Oh I'm sorry, cant judge punctuation eh <span style="color: red">? </span> now the question marks are in red. I was asking for further description of your theory. Dont tell people when they can comment on anything, it comes acrossed as cunty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If its a free float tube, and doesn't flex or move, it shouldn't matter where you support it should it <span style="color: red">?</span> Unless you are talking about the point at which the gun pivots upon recoiling maybe <span style="color: red">? </span>

I meant just try it .Remember you are almost a foot from were it mounts and that is alot of leverage and it will affect your groups. It makes a big difference . The tube will flex when the gun is fired . So if you move to the point were it mounts you cut down on flexing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If its a free float tube, and doesn't flex or move, it shouldn't matter where you support it should it <span style="color: red">? Unless you are talking about the point at which the gun pivots upon recoiling maybe ? </span>

I meant just try it .Remember you are almost a foot from were it mounts and that is alot of leverage and it will affect your groups. It makes a big difference . The tube will flex when the gun is fired . So if you move to the point were it mounts you cut down on flexing </div></div>

Thats similar to what my question was about, I assumed it had something to do with that. It still seems to me that a good stiff float tube would avoid that problem, and the overall weight of the gun would play a big part in how much it flexes if at all.

Closer also compounds any movement on the shooter's end with relation to the muzzle.

I'll take as close to the muzzle as I can get, on any platform for bipod placement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Closer also compounds any movement on the shooter's end with relation to the muzzle.

I'll take as close to the muzzle as I can get, on any platform for bi-pod placement. </div></div>
i agree if it wasn`t for the free float hand guard ( on an ar-10t it is just a thin pipe) . would like to get a gas block that i can try and mount a bi-pod too. As a side note there is 3.5 lbs of lead in the stock.

Gas block mounting of bipod or sling is bad juju.
As long as the float tube isn't touching anything you should be fine no matter where you place it. If its touching the gasblock while firing, that is no good...

being from CA where supressors are prohibited I would say go for it. Get one for every firearm you own!

nice rifle by the way...

What's wrong with suppressing your M1A? I did it for the first time the other day and it was AWESOME!

164615_469975606746_541086746_6122708_6633850_n.jpg