• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

To build or not to build

Loud&Proud

Private
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2012
Colorado
I have been a member on here for awhile and have just been learning and reading alot there is aton of great info on this sight. I'm looking at having a 308 built with an ax stock rem. 700 action new bolt have it blue printed and trued I just don't know if it's worth building one or just buying a surgeon scalpel in 308 and being done with it this rifle will be used as a target rifle and possibly a deer gun I know there are better calibers out there I just have bunch of 308 brass and like the a availability of the 308 round

blue printing a rem 700 will run about 950.00 with the action, best bet is to get a Stiller action for about the same price, and you can use all of the rem 700 after market parts
I am currently building a 7mm Rem mag on a stiller action, I am impressed with the equality