• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing To M70 or not

Witch_Doctor

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
I have decide to move forward with a new build. I have decided on .243 with a 7.5 or 8 twist to shoot 115 DTAC's. I am trying to decide whether or not to use a M700 action, or another custom. I am interested doing it off a Winchester M70, but don't know too much about it. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: To M70 or not

I'd do it. There are guys here on the hide that have built off of winnys before. DocEd here is a good one to talk to.

Mike at Underground Skunkworks has got my FN action as we speak and is doing a full number on it. He is another great guy to talk to about non-Remington (and Remington) based rifles. But obviously, I think it's a great idea.

I have ordered a Bartlein 1-11 20" and Greg Tannel at Gre-Tan rifles is building mine. I love the M70, CDI bottom metal, and my manners stock should be done in the next two weeks. Maybe I just like being different, but the FN M70 actions are just aswesome to me.

I picked up my GAP built 280AI Christmas eve. It's built off a push feed M70 that I got on the cheap. To say am am extremely happy would be an understatement. The M70 is a solid platform for a custom build. Why not try your build, if you didn't like it, I'd be shocked.