• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

To Surefire or not to Surefire....

swage

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Westlake, OH
I was planning on putting a Surefire MB 762SS AL/RE on my new build. My intention was to finish the barrel at 20" and eventually purchase a Surefire can. Lately I've reconsidered after reading about the advantages of single point cans. Also the Surefire is impossible to get and is more expensive. I have no experience shooting suppressed. This will be my first suppressor purchase. I was thinking of having the barrel threaded for a single point can and finished at 22" and picking up a ThunderBeast .30 cal can. The rifle will be chambered in .308. What's your thoughts? Stick with the original plan or change to a threaded barrel and purchase the Thunder Beast?

Re: To Surefire or not to Surefire....

I like your second idea better.

Remember, a quick-detach suppressor looks good in the movies, but it's main advantage, detaching quickly, is only possible when it's cold, otherwise it's done with an asbestos glove and elbow grease.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rchman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't one of the benefits of SF can supposed to be a zero POI shift? </div></div>

Yes. They aren't the quitest, they aren't the best looking. But to my understanding they have practically no zero shift

You can't go wrong with the Thunderbeast. I have two, and am impressed with them both. Slight zero shift but is predictable