• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

To those with camo stocks and cerekoted metal

DepthAfield

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2010
Heber, Utah
Please do the same with your scopes. Been browsing a few of the "show us your:" threads and the black scopes stand out like Wonder Woman flying around in her invisible jet. :)

Just an observation, not a flame.

7M30q.gif

The purpose of painting stocks is more of personalization, not hiding. Don't be a moron

I dont paint my scope because I keep my sniper veil with me at all times. That is what snipery snipers do when they run their rig-sticks, ¿Que no?

Please do the same with your scopes. Been browsing a few of the "show us your:" threads and the black scopes stand out like Wonder Woman flying around in her invisible jet. :)

How about some spoon pics of your rifle????

Show us how well everything blends together.

Mine is still being built. Man, but you guys get defensive in a hurry. Merely pointing out that having a large black object on top of a nice camo rifle is a bit noticeable.

Will be sure to post pictures once I get it back from LRI. Had ARP cerakote my scope ahead of time. Felt it was worth the added expense.

Last edited:
Mine is still being built. Man, but you guys get defensive in a hurry. Merely pointing out that having a large black object on top of a nice camo rifle is a bit noticeable.

Will be sure to post pictures once I get it back from LRI. Had ARP cerakote my scope ahead of time. Felt it was worth the added expense.

I hope you bought clothes to match the cerakote, otherwise it's all for naught.

Maybe I'm screwed in the mountains of Utah with my rifle. The steel targets will see me.

You are protesting a bit too much about this.

I just think its funny that you start a thread to vent your distaste for something and then get surprised when people find your opinion petty.

Personally, I find cerakote a waste of money. I'm more into a coat of Aervoe that can be touched up as I use my rifle. I am rough on my guns and can't see why people pay hundred of dollars to have everything look pretty in pictures online.

Everyone has their own taste, which is why this thread is pointless. Especially when your "example" is still being built.

Are you for real?

Im hesitant to paint/coat my scope in the event I want to sell it to upgrade or switch to something different. What I like may not be someone else's cup of tea and hurt the resale value.

Besides, im not really trying to conceal myself to the point where a black scope is going to give me away. The deer/elk/pigs ive shot dont seem to mind my black scope either.

That being said, i've seen some awesome looking rigs with painted/coated glass to match.

I have a custom painted camo scope and a solid black stock. That's way better. (Sarcasm)

Last edited:
I know I Cerakoted my barreled actions because the bare stainless is reflective when hunting. A flat black anodized scope is not.

It might be best in the future to worry about your own gear rather than bash others.

He's right..........

Rocks in my area are crafty little fuckers. I would have to sneak in all stealthy ninja style if I wanted a shot under 400. Since I painted my scope I can creep right up and pop 'em with my pistol. And don't even get me started on my steel targets. I would have to set them up and come back the next day.........from a different direction.

Yup, sure glad im not one of those fruit cakes with a black scope.:cool:

He's right..........

Rocks in my area are crafty little fuckers. I would have to sneak in all stealthy ninja style if I wanted a shot under 400. Since I painted my scope I can creep right up and pop 'em with my pistol. And don't even get me started on my steel targets. I would have to set them up and come back the next day.........from a different direction.

Yup, sure glad im not one of those fruit cakes with a black scope.:cool:

Haha...now that is funny. Lmfao

i cant believe i am the first to point this out but i dont think you can be operator as fuck unless your scope is painted

I always take my shots from a suitable distance, to never need to worry about ANYBODY seeing my scope, or me. My scope is long and black though... so I am STILL Operator as Fuck!! Carry on...

DK

I always take my shots from a suitable distance, to never need to worry about ANYBODY seeing my scope, or me. My scope is long and black though... so I am STILL Operator as Fuck!! Carry on...

DK

Fair enough. Still leaves the question why people camo 75% of the rifle and leave the scope as is. The "may resell the scope down the line" reason seems the most sensical. People trolling up a storm in defense because the subject was brought up is fairly entertaining.

I'm ok with Wonder Woman flying around in her invisible jet, I like seeing that.

You got me there. :)