• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Today in History

Hobo Hilton

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Pacific Northwest
On June 25th, 1876, Native American forces led by Chiefs Crazy Horse and Sitting Bull defeated the U.S. Army troops of Lieutenant Colonel George Armstrong Custer in a bloody battle near southern Montana’s Little Bighorn River. The Battle of Little Bighorn–also called Custer’s Last Stand –marked the most decisive Native American victory and the worst U.S. Army defeat in the long Plains Indian War. While complicated, the generally accepted reason for the battle is that the discovery of gold in South Dakota’s Black Hills in 1875 led to the U.S. government disregarding previous treaty agreements. The gruesome fate of Custer and his men outraged many white Americans and confirmed their image of the Indians as wild and bloodthirsty. Meanwhile, the U.S. government increased its efforts to subdue the tribes. Within five years, almost all of the Sioux and Cheyenne would be confined to reservations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duc and acudaowner
Thanks for posting, seems the older I get, I forget things like this

Reactions: acudaowner
The Battle Ground is a very soulful place to visit. A great place to take your children and grandchildren.
Agree.
Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse gets all the press.
What Red Cloud did is arguably more impressive.

Side note: Sioux, in Native language, means "snakes". Name given by, IIRC, Crows.
Draw your own conclusions.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Red Cloud was the only Indian chief to get the US government to come to the negotiating table and make concessions....

Did my residency in Crow Agency one exit from the battlefield. Great example of what the government and generations living in control of the government by welfare does to what was once a proud and self sufficient people. History repeats itself and guess who is next?? There is still huge intra tribe hatred over what went on at that battlefield....Crow scouts with the Army etc. Divide like minded against one another with the dangling carrot of concessions. Some things never change.

Last edited:
Maybe the people who lived in what is now Israel, before it was stolen in 1948 feel that way. :eek:

Got's my popcorns buttered.
Matters not who you are. You, or your ancestors were either the conquered, or the conquerors.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUTGERS95
Land belongs to those with the power to take and hold it.
And that's been pretty much it for time ever more in every single square inch of earth. It's the losers that bitch. Don't be losers. Or poors.

z99.jpg

Reactions: BLEE