• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Today, zeroing scope and Ballistic Data gathering

Spanky84

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2011
Im still new at this precision shooting but i zeroed the scope and shot a few different types of rounds, this group was shot with Federal 150gn I am going to try some 168 next time.

Re: Today, zeroing scope and Ballistic Data gathering

Well done. If you plan to shoot further out you might consider re-shooting from prone without the support as that might be more reflective of longer range setup and will arguably tell you more about your technique than the bench. Nice shooting.

That range looks eerily familiar.

Looks like Flatwoods in Jacksonville, NC.

it is.

Ask the R/O (young kid) how he likes hid Llama 1911 next time you're out there. He's always good for a laugh or two with some of the stupidity he can pull out of his ass
laugh.gif

I shot there a lot when I was working on the MARSOC complex.

Matt?

I will he likes to talk, 0900 am im tired but trying to shoot well aimed shots with him talking about guys shooting 25-06 ammo in a 30-06 ect lol

Picture on the right in the center of the group of photo's, rifle pointing at backstop. Was your group shot at that backstop?

no, that was where i reconfirmed my zero at the 100, the backstop beyond where that target is is the 200, where i posted the 5 round group.

Yep; I live about three miles from there and shooting the 200 yards sucks. You've got to shoot off a bench or lay on concrete and get walked all over or move over to the end of the benchces on the left and shoot 100 prone on real dirt. Nice rifle!

maybe sometime in the near future we can meet up there and shoot, im a early riser kinda guy but anytime works.

Nice!

I recognized the range too. I've burnt some powder at Flatwoods in a previous life....grin