• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Today's crazy idea; who here has used a 37mm launcher?

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    I don't know why I was looking at these, but other than firing off a HE round out of a 203 once and being immensely underwhelmed at the lack of destruction it produced, that's all I know.

I see you can get under mounts as well as standalone launchers. Hell they even make a really cool looking one for a SCAR 16/17, but that would require me to use a clunky rifle that sucks, so fuck all that.

I'd only really be interested in it for smoke and parachute flares, but even on youtube there isn't much about any of this and if this shits just a novelty, or if I could really get a good screen out of the rounds as well as have them hang in the air and really light shit up at night.

Anyone know? Have experience? Or just a dumb toy?

McC above is right, but an AMUSING novelty. Smokes are quasi worthless-dont smoke a lot don't fly very far. I'm just shooting bangers now, which is very amusing and may have sime LtL applications.
    20210511_145659.jpg

Spikes has a 37mm thumper patterned after the Vietnam 40mm thumper that looks pretty cool, but I got a soft spot for the thing as it was my first issued weapon. Seems the rounds are a bit expensive as well if I remember correctly.

may not be the place for this, but what about those:

multi-round .22 rimfire thingy's? (can't remember what they're called)

I think you're talking about a hornet's nest.

I can see the value in smoke and a decent parachute flare to light up an AO, but real world results seem pretty underwhelming.

Beehive rounds...they seems cool, but I don't know what they do that a buckshot load wouldn't do.

And from what I've been able to find, no one makes them in 37mm, I've only been able to find them in 40mm

Reactions: Edgecrusher

The other issue is those beehives make it a DD I believe. Part of the utility IMO is no paper.

I'd like to have one, for no other reason to see what a rifle with a M203 mounted handles like, but I'm not shelling out the cash for that.

There was a low down listing I saw for a place that makes "reloadable" items with an adapter for something in the 12ga realm. I'll see if I can find it.

I'd like to have one, for no other reason to see what a rifle with a M203 mounted handles like, but I'm not shelling out the cash for that.

I'd probably do a standalone for utility in a ruck, plus using a gun with a 203 on it makes it an ergonomic clusterfuck.

An AR-15 with under-mount 37mm flare launcher- for when you pop a deer at dusk and need to track it under the glow of a parachute flare...

• Haha
    Reactions: roostercogburn98
    I’d just make bird bangers for it and randomly launch one to skeer the neighbors

But I do have some load data that American Specialty Ammo sent me some years ago if you pull the trigger and get one. If you need it, not sure via it would look getting help from a poor

honestly, from a size vs performance standpoint.....ide just buy a good surplus 26.5 mm launcher and skip 37 all together.

not only are they 1/2 the size, but you can also buy surplus rounds pretty cheap.

37/ 40 are really only worth it for launching anti-personnel rounds....but as i mentioned earlier, the current crop of launchers suck ass.....at least the Spikes launchers, they just cant stand up to the higher powers needed for anti-personnel use.

i dont know how the Tac-D/ Tac-79 or Nemessis launchers are.....but frankly, im half tempted to just design and build my own launcher that doesnt suck.
    The HE and HEDP rounds all suck against personnel. Maybe dig up some flechette rounds and change it up a bit.

I've got a spikes standalone 37 DD.....it's shit.

The metal is too soft to launch anything "hot" and you'll end up with lug deformation..flares and fireworks only....it won't handle buckshot or hot loaded batons.....and spikes won't sell you a replacement barrel

Honestly they are a novelty....you can't fit a payload large enough to get solid smoke....good for bangers and flash bangs though

But If you want load info drop me a PM
    ^^^ This.

I ordered one of Spike's 37MM Thumper replicas and after waiting 18 months (promised in 3 months) it was a total POS. Bad fit and finish. Screws sucked. Didn't open without ripping the top off the stock.

After about 12 hours in the shop, I got it pretty nice. But it was a POS from the factory.

The fun part is bird bangers, parachute flares and other fun stuff are kind of neat. Without the DD paperwork that goes with 40MM rounds.

So... novelty indeed. And if you have the capability of working on one, they are amusing once you spend hours to get it right.

German... for your clientele... they would be fun. Bird bangers and flares would add to their field experience. So don't write off. But don't over-pay, either.

Sirhr

Those and a 37 MM launcher are a DD violation... As are batons and flechettes. Anything lethal or 'hard-hitting' from a 37mm and you are in DD territory. They are for flares and smoke and banger salutes. Not for projectiles or you are in risky territory.

Sirhr

I've tried flechette.....they suck just as much out of a 37 as they do in a 12g....

Baton rounds are decent, rubber buckshot is decent, BB rounds aren't too bad either

but LtL is really the only place they shine...at least in my experience
    The 40mm “nerf” rounds were lots of fun. In my experience, anything in this category is overwhelmingly underperforming. I’ve fired lots of different munitions from the 40mm platform and most are just extra weight to lug around. The TPT ones are fun just because.

The 40mm “nerf” rounds were lots of fun. In my experience, anything in this category is overwhelmingly underperforming. I’ve fired lots of different munitions from the 40mm platform and most are just extra weight to lug around. The TPT ones are fun just because.
    i cast my own batons from 60 durometer urethane...and seat those over 80gr of FFF...i havent shot a living target with them....but based on recoil alone, it shouldnt have any trouble dropping someone.

...frankly i just use them as fun range toys...

ive not shot any of the factory 40mm rounds, but from what ive seen, they all look pretty anemic.