• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Todays navy

Holy shit the CO was once my roomie in Virginia Beach. He got into World of Warcraft and got too fat to pass the VBSS test. Good for him.

He could have lost 5 pounds with a simple nose job….
That's not nice. lolz

There were three of us in the house. We tried to get him back in shape. We even got him a membership to Gold's Gym because the scenery was better than the base gym. He didn't cooperate and I remember being deployed and asking the other guy how Cam was doing and he replied "yeah man I've got him on a steady diet of Dominoes Mtn Dew and Doritos."

• Haha
Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Screenshot_20240410_115154_Instagram.jpeg

You won't ever hear me call the USMC the "Navy Auxiliary"- this picture alone is more like it, somebody that knows something. Rumor has it that after expending his ammunition he fucked the 'Ivan" target on the righthand edge of this picture and at a crayon to 'decompress' after the money shot.

-LD

I thought the Navy was Marines Uber?

;-)

Cheers,

Sirhr

He didn’t say anything that we don’t already know but it’s a good video to send to someone who thinks that the police and military are the experts and only they should have guns; especially NFA items.

Reactions: LuckyDuck
It's been proposed that the scope is shopped on there, which makes sense and is actually funnier. We had irunz on everything and the VCOG is pretty heavy for a security watch stander to tote around. It's also really expensive and I doubt it would even be in a DDG's inventory.

Here's some Navy nerd trivia: he's wearing engineering coveralls, which are heavier and more flame retardant than the standard coveralls most of the crew wears. He also didn't shave because when a warship has a scheduled gun day they make a big deal out of not shaving. It's some traditional thing from back when cannons used black powder and it had something to do with beards protecting your skin from burning embers.

From what I can see if that scope is P-shopped it’s a damn good job, like REALLLLLLY good. I doubt it’s P-shopped honestly. Otherwise the VCOG is on the weapon backwards, and not that hard to tell. I wonder if someone is “returning the favor” for a previous Captain’s Mast decision. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The Navy, as a whole, has always sucked and lived a couple decades behind the rest of the branches at small arms. It's institutional level as a result of low focus and budget at the Pentagon level resulting in trickle down through low levels of training at the seaman level. Don't get me wrong, there's clusters out there that do a crazy good job at it, but Blue Water Navy as a whole sucks and has since WWII ended.

Personal observation: I was on the USS Battan (LHD-5) in 2001, two weeks post 9/11 and on our way to the Med, things were pretty tense to say the least. The GMs were brushing the cosmoline off their heavy guns and doing a shoot, knowing they were going to actually be standing watch with them in place while we went through the Straight of Gibraltar in a couple days and later the Suez, and they asked us (CAAT Platoon HMG Section) to help them out so our Gunny, me, and a few of our best gunners went to help. I knew next to nothing on HMGs at the time, as I had just got selected for SSGT and yanked from Platoon Sgt of STA over to CAAT to fill a leadership gap as a Section Leader, but when their Chief Gunners Mate started getting on his men about checking headspace and timing on their MK19, even I knew something was fucky. There is no set-able HS&T on a MK19, that's an M2 thing, but here was a guy with twenty years running Navy guns coming down hard on his guys in front of everyone. I still remember it like it was yesterday when our own Gunny, with a fat lip full of Copenhagen, pulled him in close and told him "Just fucking stop before I make a Lance Corporal embarrass the fuck out of you." The head Gunners Mate had it completely wrong, it reflected in the crew's ineptitude with their own weapons, but we got them straightened out pretty well with some mentoring and training.

Big Blue Navy cares about missiles, be they on surface boats, planes or submarines, on down the pecking order is CIWS and the 5" guns, and then there's small arms at the bottom. More often than not when they do a small arms live fire exercise, it's more a morale shoot than a training shoot.

Our oldest is on a DDG right now, in the Red Sea, and they've shot down a shit ton of Houthi missiles with their own missiles and one more with the CIWS that was about a second away from hitting them. That's what Blue Navy DDGs do, and they do it really, REALLY fucking well. I'll make jokes about them outing themselves as idiots on social media with a backwards scope, I'll bash them for DEI bullshit and clot shot discharges, I'll still bag on fat CPOs, but where the rudder meets the wake (I just made that shit up), there is still no Navy in the world that comes close to the professionalism and lethality of the US Navy.

Reactions: Inifinty
Had a Navy buddy that always wanted to remind me the Marine Corps was a department of the Navy...............my response to him was always...................yea,
The Mens Department..........

Was going to comment that the DEI boat club at least serves as an early warning speed bump to an invasion.

But then it was reported today that 40,000 Chinese nationals have crossed the border in 2024.