• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes too goo to be true? Newcon LRM 7x25 Laser Rangefin

par0thead151

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2010
Im in the market for a range finder that can work to 1500-1800m
the Newcon LRM 7x25 Laser Rangefinder Monocular seems to fit the bill, and even boasts compatibility with a PVS14
@ $449 for the 1500m model, and $268 for the adapter for the pvs14, this just sounds too good to be true. and life has taught me if something sounds too good,it 99% of the time usually is.

does anyone have any first hand experience with this particular brand?
thanks

Re: too goo to be true? Newcon LRM 7x25 Laser Rangefin

All I've heard about Newcon is there not good, I spoke to the company owner once to ask him about the beam divergence and they would not give me the specs like it was a secret didnt like there attitude on the phone, anyways I've bought the Vectronix terrapin and could not be happier!
Elmer

My brother had a Newcon rangefinder, total POS, it broke and never could get it repaired, I forget the details, but all I remember is I'd never buy one... Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My brother had a Newcon rangefinder, total POS, it broke and never could get it repaired, I forget the details, but all I remember is I'd never buy one... Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear.</div></div>

thats exactly what i wanted to hear. better finding out now than after its purchased.

basically im looking for a mid level range finder that can hit out to 1500m. I was going to go all out and buy top of the line, but with how quickly technology is advancing, i am going to hold off on buying a super nice range finder for a bit. plus my 6.5 creedmoor is pushing its limits at 1500-1800m as it is.

In my opinion.....the Bushnell fusion is the best thing going for the money out to ranges your are requiring.