• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Too tall for ACC?

grizzaws

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2017
I’m thinking about the ACC chassis for a future build, but I wonder if the cheek piece isn’t too short for someone my size. I’m 6’4” with a giraffe neck and gorilla arms, and my cheek was at the very front of my old MPA’s cheek piece with the LOP maxed out; it looks longer than the ACC’s in photos. Any big guys making the ACC work? Anyone switch from a chassis to a stock, say a Foundation, for the same reason?

I'd suggest giving PDC Custom a call. The owner has done chassis setups for dudes taller than you so they'd have the right LOP and cheek placement.

Reactions: grizzaws
Do you have a scope mount that will also accommodate the giraffe neck?
The acc will go way higher than I could ever imagine needing, I feel I’m pretty high up and I’m 5 out of 9 on the numbered posts. A weibad cheek piece will add another 1/8-3/16 or so too.

I imagine the mpa would more than suit me too so who knows. Go to a match and see.

Do you have a scope mount that will also accommodate the giraffe neck?
The acc will go way higher than I could ever imagine needing, I feel I’m pretty high up and I’m 5 out of 9 on the numbered posts. A weibad cheek piece will add another 1/8-3/16 or so too.

OP seems to be worried about fore/aft placement of the cheek piece, not height.

OP seems to be worried about fore/aft placement of the cheek piece, not height.
I figure if it gets high enough he could pull it back a bit.
1615091783746.gif

I’m not the tallest dude but only a couple inches shorter and I have a pretty long neck but I’m no ruminant.

But I guess Ive always sort of been at the front of the cheek piece, I don’t see it as an issue though. If it were longer it would interfere with the bolt travel.

Last edited:
Precisely. I’m worried that the ACC’s is too short front-to-back.

I’m thinking about the ACC chassis for a future build, but I wonder if the cheek piece isn’t too short for someone my size. I’m 6’4” with a giraffe neck and gorilla arms, and my cheek was at the very front of my old MPA’s cheek piece with the LOP maxed out; it looks longer than the ACC’s in photos. Any big guys making the ACC work? Anyone switch from a chassis to a stock, say a Foundation, for the same reason?
I’m 6’7 with a 15.5” LOP, big head, and I shoot an ACC.

Edited out the snark...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 47guy
Here’s a couple pics...I think you’ll be fine with the AAC

Attachments

• B269060E-0AE5-4F0F-B91B-DD562DE57B26.jpeg
    B269060E-0AE5-4F0F-B91B-DD562DE57B26.jpeg
    436.5 KB · Views: 20
  • E5FFD3D3-DD6D-439B-81D0-E4E764745BE0.jpeg
    E5FFD3D3-DD6D-439B-81D0-E4E764745BE0.jpeg
    448.1 KB · Views: 28
Also get an OBi grip, mine came with one. It’s got a lot more girth in your hand(no homo)