• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Took the ARES ARMOR 3day SNIPER 1 course

bcrich

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 30, 2009
Henderson Nv
After a good buddy of mine attended the SNIPER 1 course and recommended it I decided to hook up with Tyler,Ryan,Chuck and Steve and finally take the course for myself, this is the first time I have had any kind of training other than coaching from all our shooting buddies! As you know these guys are the real deal Marines that always shoot excellent at big matches i.e. SCPRC, TPRC and know exactly what they are doing. We had students from Cali,Arizona & Wisconsin come out to the Sewet gun range in Anza (so cal)

First day was started off with classroom lessons on the fundamentals
bone support,muscle relaxation, natural point of aim, maintaining proper cheek weld. Both Ryan and Tyler corrected my bad habit of lifting my head after the shot!
Another thing was to focus on the reticle and I was used to focusing on the target...my grip on the rifle and trigger squeeze was causing my groups to shoot left..... Ryan was watching me shoot at 100 and I can't believe he called my groups without looking thru a spotting scope just by watching me shoot... That's skill & experience!
I was also not shooting at the natural pause between breaths but they drilled that on me too and I center punched the bad guy (3/4 moa)on one of the elevated heartbeat stages making you sprint 50yds + 10 push-ups and 5 jumping jacks get in position and take the shot within 10 seconds....now that don't sound hard but try it. I controlled my breathing and got that perfect shot off and made the hit.
Every day was started with class & then humped all your gear with you to the range about 1/4 mile away.

Second day (Saturday) we shot out to 300 without dialing so every shooter can measure for himself the drop at that range for his bullet on a big paper target .... My bullet dropped 14" made corrections and shot 10 rnd groups ending with a nice group of 2" with 2 straggler shots making it 4" DAMN!

Third day ( Mother's Day ) sorry babe!! We got into the wind formulas and conversions from mil to moa. All this time I just guessed the wind and just corrected off the shot but these guys showed us how to properly estimate and work the formula..... I still over estimated the wind ( no kestrels ) just observations and again was amazed how both Ryan and Tyler could call the wind dope!!! They would wait till I gave my partner (shooter) the wind call and when it missed he calls out what he thought it should have been and next shot was center punching the bad guys!!
I am probably the last of the Mohicans shooting and moa reticle so when they paired me up with the mil guy I had to take my time and get the conversions right but it has to be quickly and this is where I sucked ass, after awhile things sped up and was calling correction holds with rapid re- engagements before conditions changed. We got blasted with some gnarly wind and dust storms it seemed, even covering up our scopes when tall dust devils crossed right over us blanketing us with dirt, something these guys are used to when putting down the enemy overseas. Fucken Marines are the shit!!!!! Coast guard and Navy too Chuck & Steve ha!

Tyler showed his pistol skills at 53yds (I believe) on an enemy jack rabbit with a one shot one kill tradition as it ran across our range haaa! Another fine demonstration of his skills.

It was a pleasure meeting the Ares Armor guys and want to thank them for all they have done in previous deployments and putting a great SNIPER course for all to take advantage of....short of joining the military! Steve and Chuck had a big part in 1 on 1 coaching and explaining things... Thank you!

I would recommend this SNIPER 1 course to anybody to tighten up your game.. It will help you become more proficient at matches and what we do .....PBR (precision bolt rifle)
Hope I didn't bore you homies with my shitty write up skills.

It's $650 for the course and returning students get 1/2 off for the 2nd part of the course. Ill deffinetly take them up on that deal!