• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Took the two women in my life to the range today

mwilkins

Minuteman
Jun 1, 2010
Sachse, TX.
Took some time off from shooting long guns and took the girlfriend and daughter to the range today for some hand gun action. Neither one had fired a hand gun before so we had a short tutorial regarding hand gun safety and range etiquette before we left the house. It took a bit for the girlfriend to settle down but the daughter caught on very quick. For a 13 yr old girl to be shooting an XD 45, she did amazingly well. Just another example of why one should get their kids out at an early age and teach them how to shoot. With a little more time and possibly a smaller caliber, I would feel confident that they will be able to protect them selves in the home if the need arose.

Agree 100% that exposing them to guns in a controlled, safe environment is the way to go! My sister, who weighs 105 lbs soaking wet, can shoot a .357 Colt revolver lights out with heavy loads! Started her out on a .22LR revolver, then went to .38 Special target loads, then .357 Magnum self defense rounds. She isn't intimidated by the recoil or report, and can take flys off a target out to 25yds! Easily outshoots me with that gun...