• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tool kits

Bobalos

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2023
San Diego
I was poking around online and found a number of "gun tool kits" that have all kinds of bits and handles and such. A number of them have "torque wrench" adapters that are either fixed or have preset values. This looks like something that might be handy at the range (or in the garage).

I'm a buy once, cry once kind of person, so reliable and repeatable is important.
Is there a thread that had reviews of these kinds of kits?

If not does anyone have any suggestions?

I have products from both of the above and each are good, I also have the Wheeler FAT Wrench, which has been quite reliable over the years too.

There's some good anecdotes in this thread but it is a limited test so take it for what its worth.

There's also this test done, which I thought was interesting.

Reactions: 101st and Bobalos
Never had fix it stix but not heard nothing bad about them. Had a wheeler fat wrench for a while. Had a digital but didn't like it. Went to the manual one, it's good

Reactions: Bobalos
Never had fix it stix but not heard nothing bad about them. Had a wheeler fat wrench for a while. Had a digital but didn't like it. Went to the manual one, it's good
probably need to browse the first posts in this thread then as it has test information for borka and fixit and others but wiha performed the best.

Thanks for the input folks. I did a bit of agoong around and read a number of reviews and in thw end bought the fit it sticks.

The torque device thread was interesting. Thanks to the gent who did all of the hard work and put that together. Too bad the last page was a few folks crapping in the thread for what was an opinion. Nice way to ruin someone's effort and to ensure more folks don't participate.

The torque device thread was interesting. Thanks to the gent who did all of the hard work and put that together. Too bad the last page was a few folks crapping in the thread for what was an opinion. Nice way to ruin someone's effort and to ensure more folks don't participate.
LOL that's normal around here, quite frankly I'm surprised this thread hasn't devolved into a shit slinging contest yet but it's not even 10 so there's still time.

Reactions: doubloon
The wheeler fat wrench is great. I have 3. In my research I ended up for one as my go to AI barrel change setup.

Fix it sticks work good as well. I have the basic kit for those to

Either would serve you well

LOL that's normal around here, quite frankly I'm surprised this thread hasn't devolved into a shit slinging contest yet but it's not even 10 so there's still time.

Yeah, tried to tack a post on the end that subtly says this is a review thread but the bobolas guy resurrected it with a request for suggestions even though the first two pages provide exhaustive test information.

It's interesting to watch people continue to post about their favorite craptastic tools that didn't pass the quality tests.

Yeah, tried to tack a post on the end that subtly says this is a review thread but the bobolas guy resurrected it with a request for suggestions even though the first two pages provide exhaustive test information.

I found that thread through this one, not the other way around...

I did search through the tech forums first but didn't have much luck which is why I came here. I dont seem to have a lot of luck searching forums with my phone. Results often suck to varying degrees.

Thanks again to everyone for their opinions and help. It helps to get guidance from the old timers that have been around for a while and know where to find stuff.

I found that thread through this one, not the other way around...

I did search through the tech forums first but didn't have much luck which is why I came here. I dont seem to have a lot of luck searching forums with my phone. Results often suck to varying degrees.

Thanks again to everyone for their opinions and help. It helps to get guidance from the old timers that have been around for a while and know where to find stuff.
For phone searching try this setup.

Biggest issue is not un checking all forums under Search in Forums. Sorting by replies is sometimes useful but not always. Display as threads cuts out multiple posts from the same thread.
Screenshot_20240103_131454_Chrome.jpg

Also could this be moved to Armory so it can stay wholesome?

Edit: originally was in bear pit. No longer. Thanks mods. (Posted this and then reported my own post).

Last edited:
I have a Wheeler Fat Wrench and maybe it's just me but the adjustment doesn't seem very precise. It's a fat line indicator. I'm not sure it really matters though.

The fix it sticks all in one kit will do 99% of what you'll ever need, it's more accurate than the borka, the fix it sticks torque limiters, and a lot of torque wrenches, it costs a whopping $100, and is the size of a wallet.

I have a Wheeler Fat Wrench and maybe it's just me but the adjustment doesn't seem very precise. It's a fat line indicator. I'm not sure it really matters though.
The thickness of the line indicator equals 5 in/lbs on the scale. For example, if you want 40 in/lbs align the top of the indicator with 40 and if you want 45 in/lbs you align the bottom with the 40.

If not does anyone have any suggestions?
Since you asked, my experience is first using the Fat Wrench, and then decided on going FixItSticks for ease of use (including the color-coding of the preset tools).

Kept my Fatty for a backup and for torque values that I don’t have a Fixitstick for.

So I bought two Fixit presets for the home bench and their universal for the range. Considering buying more presets for home as I like the ones I own so much.

Resident torque expert @308pirate has this suggestion (originally here):

https://www.amazon.com/Tohnichi-QL25NMH-QL25N-MH/dp/B002P8K3Q6/

I’m sure it’s much more accurate.

Last edited: