• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tooley rifles still in business ?

Sgt. Brumbaugh

Private
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2008
I ordered a 338 Yogi last Feb. I have called several times, emails, etc. I have not heard from him in months.

Anyone have any info?

Thanks,
John

Re: Tooley rifles still in business ?

Sgt. Brumbaugh

That's a great choice for a .338 rig. Although the .338 LM is more than enough the .338 Yogi is a great improvement and will be well worth the wait. David is a great riflesmith and does top notch work. Hopefully you get it soon and I'm more than confident it will shoot very well. If you need any help with load data or a place to shoot your new rig out to a mile let us know. Myself and a few of my shooters here have shot Daves rifles and cartridges he has built. I used a .300 Yogi for some time in 1000 yard BR. Tim Hanline used a .338 Yogi in a light and heavy gun. We have detailed files..lol.

Good luck with your new build.
What are your specs?

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sgt. Brumbaugh

That's a great choice for a .338 rig. Although the .338 LM is more than enough the .338 Yogi is a great improvement and will be well worth the wait. David is a great riflesmith and does top notch work. Hopefully you get it soon and I'm more than confident it will shoot very well. If you need any help with load data or a place to shoot your new rig out to a mile let us know. Myself and a few of my shooters here have shot Daves rifles and cartridges he has built. I used a .300 Yogi for some time in 1000 yard BR. Tim Hanline used a .338 Yogi in a light and heavy gun. We have detailed files..lol.

What are your specs?

Thanks! </div></div>

Tom,

I know Dave is the best in the business when it comes to these .338's. I normally build all my rifles, but wanted the absolute best long range hunting rifle I could put together. I put some money aside and after lots of research on various websites I decided on Dave and his 338 Yogi. Below are the specs

Bat HRPIC
Bartlein 30 in fluted 10 twist with a brake
Turn neck chamber (.362 if I remember) with dies to fit.
McMillian Baker stock (all my long range rifles are on this stock)
Jewell Trigger
Not sure of the glass yet, need to do a little more research, but at this point leaning towards a Ziess.

I would love to trade some notes with you. I imagine the chamber in your guns is probably very similar if the not exact one I have. I will be in touch when I get it.

Thanks,
John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt. Brumbaugh</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sgt. Brumbaugh

What are your specs?

Thanks! </div></div>

Tom,

I know Dave is the best in the business when it comes to these .338's. I normally build all my rifles, but wanted the absolute best long range hunting rifle I could put together. I put some money aside and after lots of research on various websites I decided on Dave and his 338 Yogi. Below are the specs

Bat HRPIC
Bartlein 30 in fluted 10 twist with a brake
Turn neck chamber (.362 if I remember) with dies to fit.
McMillian Baker stock (all my long range rifles are on this stock)
Jewell Trigger
Not sure of the glass yet, need to do a little more research, but at this point leaning towards a Ziess.

I would love to trade some notes with you. I imagine the chamber in your guns is probably very similar if the not exact one I have. I will be in touch when I get it.

Thanks,
John

</div></div>

Love the specs!!!

I would look hard at the 5x25 Schimidt Bender with P4 Fine rectical. Glass does not get any better than it!!!!

What exactly is a 338 Yogi???

I like the specs on your rifle. I've got a 338Lap. Imp. built on a BAT HRPIC and IMO you can get none finer than a BAT receiver. Sounds like a very nice piece!

The Yogi is Dave's version of a 338 LM. IMP. 300 gr. bullet at around 3000 fps.

I will take a look at the S and B scope also, thanks.

Kinda figured as much. Do you know what shoulder angle he uses? Mine has a 40degree shoulder but it seems like alot of builders like the 35 and 37.5 shoulder better.

My Yogi has a 30 degree shoulder, body straightened out somewhat. 30 degrees is enough to slow down brass flow but the main reason is the FL die works well. Brass lasts forever.

Now see, that's why I like hangin around you smart guys. Learned something new.

Just for curiousity sake what's the h2o capacity of your 338 Yogi?