• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Top 20?

Sleeper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2008
Central, TX
So little time so little money. If you had more of both, what would be the top 20 practical/tactical field shooting matches to attend in the country. Provided you could get registard
laugh.gif

Re: Top 20?

All right, I'll get the list started for you in no particular order....

SH Cup
SH Bash
AZ TPRC
NorCal TBRC
Steel Safari
ASC

....I'd also like to know what other shooters in this sport consider the majors...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIM_O</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and Oregon Sniper Challenge.... </div></div>

Word!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sleeper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So little time so little money. If you had more of both, what would be the top 20 practical/tactical field shooting matches to attend in the country. Provided you could get registard
laugh.gif
</div></div>

If you can make 20 matches, I'd have to say you do not have too little time or money.....

I do not know that there are 20 "top" matches to pick 20 out of.

Licks has listed most of the ones that a civilian hobbyist can attend that I would consider "top matches". They all have happy customers for near and far, and have made the jump past being really good regional matches to being national draws.

I'm sure I couldn't get to them all in one year. I'm just wondering what's available. I have been able to shoot several matches here in TX and LA. Just curious what the rest of the country has to offer.

Yes I have shot tiger valley several times. Nice place, I do wish they would do an individual match.

Ft Benning 3gun
Rocky Mountain 3gun
Iron Man 3 Gun
Tiger Valley Team sniper match is a challenge
Outback holds the best match in the DFW area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sleeper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So little time so little money. If you had more of both, what would be the top 20 practical/tactical field shooting matches to attend in the country. Provided you could get registard
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Not a tactical match but this match is very unique and a lot of fun.I highly recommend it.

http://sportingriflematch.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I assumed we were talking precision rifle matches.... </div></div> Yes I am talking precision rifle. 3-gun is its own animal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sleeper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So little time so little money. If you had more of both, what would be the top 20 practical/tactical field shooting matches to attend in the country. Provided you could get registard
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Not a tactical match but this match is very unique and a lot of fun.I highly recommend it.

http://sportingriflematch.com/ </div></div>

I call that a precision rifle match (and one I'd love to get to as well!).

We should car pool it out there later this year when they aren't on the same weekend as the AZPRC.Yes you'd definitely like it.

ASC
Bash/Cup (Because shooting from a Helo kicks f'in ass)

I have shot a bunch others, but these are the two that provide something that regular flat range matches don't/can't, as in shooting from lots of spots on top of a mountain in one of the most breathtaking places on earth, or at Rifles only for the helicopter stages, movers, realistic scenarios, and the margaritas and senoritas.

Looks like there needs to be more major tactical precision rifle matches put on....