• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Top CC of snipers (title for fun)

AMP!

Three sheets to the wind
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
Alaska
So the title is a little off, most people here are not snipers, but it sounds good right?

BLUF: What CC do you prefer? If you have multiple, pick the one you carry most.

A buddy of mine and I are trying to get some numbers and stats on the top concealed carry firearms, and I have to do a report for a class. I said heck with most of the topics and went for this.

I’m looking for reply’s of simple firearms. If you want to post why you pick say a HK VP9, feel free to, but please start the post with the firearm so I can gather the numbers easier.

I’m posting this here because I visit thisportion of the forum most and it gets tons of traffic.

So for me, an example:

Glock 19
I’ve had upwards of 30 different pistols, the Glock 19 has been the most reliable and accurate for my style of shooting.

Last edited:
Glock 43.
Never actually daily carry but for the purposes of your survey that is my current little pistol that’s been assigned the job.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMP!
Started with an LCP w/ Crimson laser. Kept moving up in caliber and eventually a Dan Wesson ECO. I'm back around the Horn and into the LCP again. It's light. I can carry it the band of my boxers if needed. It's the one I don't reluctantly wear. I also highly recommend an XDs in the caliber of your choice. As long as it's .45. ;)

Obviously .380 auto is not the optimal caliber for CCW but I'm the believer of carry what you'll actually carry. For me, it's about weight, not size. I do keep a .45 'nearby'. I also keep a rifle 'nearby'.

That's what works for ME. It may or may not work for you. At the end of the day you absolutely need a good belt and holster regardless of what size or weight.

M&P Shield 9 with apex trigger and TFO sights. Light, compact, easy to conceal and I shoot it more accurately that I thought I would being such a small compact.

Awesome, keep them coming! Already a bigger variety than I expected.

Glock 26... will be switching to a 19 or 17 (probably a 17) when funds are available.

G19 almost all the time but in winter sometimes I carry my Sig P229

I am a long range shooting enthusiast. My brother holds the MOS’ 8541 and 8542. He is a sniper.

That’s why I put that in the original post. I know very few here are actual snipers, the title just sounded more fun to draw attention.

1.) Wouldn't this belong in the side-arms subforum?

2.) Nothing beats a quality 9mm lightweight commander with small radius FPS, at least nothing I've found. Honorable mention to CZ P-01 and Steyr M9A1. Deep conceal go P238 or P938.

M&P compact in 9mm most of the time, M&P full size in 9mm depending on outfit.

Forgot to add; NOT a sniper..

Thanks for the replies so far everyone! Even those who didn’t seem to understand my sniper mention was sarcastic, not disrespectful or misunderstood. Keep them coming!

Snipers or long range shooting enthusiasts?
I thought about making that distinction in my reply, but figured I'd let it go. I'm certainly enthusiastic about long range shooting, if not particularly skilled. I'm CERTAINLY no sniper.

Kimber Desert Warrior TFS (suppressor Ready) Full size 1911, With a Surefire X-300 UA.

CZ P-01

S&W Model 637 when it has to be undetectable

I used to CC a 1911 (either full size 5”, or 4.24” barrel 45acp). Got tired of all that extra weight, so now it’s either a Gen4 G19, or an M&P Shield 9.

Concealed carry: Walther CCP
Open carry/hiking/hunting/offroad etc..: HK VP9

I do not snipe. Given enough rounds, I can usually hit what I'm aiming at. I don't handgun much, but I think 2018 is the year that I shoot some pistol matches and knock the rust off. I carry every day rain or shine.

Full size M&P 9 (the no safety model)
-Trijicon HD Night Sights
-Apex Forward Set Flat Trigger
-really ugly stippling work by yours truly

I carry it in a BlackPoint Dual Point with a flush 17 round mag in the gun and a 17+3 round mag in the mag holster section of the Dual Point.

When I wrote for TTAG, I did a whole long thing about what I carry and why. If you're at all interested in my thought process, feel free to read up here:

http://www.writtenbytylerkee.com/what-i-carry-and-why-tyler-kees-mp-9/

Started with a Ruger LCR then moved to a Shield 9mm. I still carry the LCR from time to time especially in the summer but prefer the shield as my accuracy is far better.

Thanks for the info so far everyone! Certainly more M&P shields than I expected. Keep them coming!