• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Top Gear, Season 17

Fred_C_Dobbs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2010
I've seen both episodes so far and the season is off to a roaring start. The star who drove their reasonably priced car in Episode 1 was Alice Cooper, whose taste in cars heavily favors those that can turn neither left <span style="text-decoration: underline">nor</span> right. The second episode alone has guest appearances from David Coulthard, Mark Webber, Rubens Barrichello, Christian Horner, Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone <span style="font-style: italic">(whew!)</span>. Sebastian Vettel is rumored to be making a surprise visit in Episode 3.

And I think they've tweaked the format just a bit. In the first episode, the Hamster provided more of the dialogue than he usually does, and his motoring commentary was more critical. Second episode, it was Captain Slow's round in the barrel. You've never heard May get so riled up over anything, and then he wouldn't let go of it. So I expect to see the weight shifting among the three of them as a matter of routine. Clarkson still will be the ringmaster, of course, but it appears the other two now are responsible for producing an increased share of the show's sizzle.

So far, it is as consistently funny as any series I can remember -- in chuckles per minute -- but I haven't laughed so hard that my tears wet my shirt, no "Stig as baby Jesus" moment ...yet. But that could be because the previous 16 seasons has left me a bit jaded, I'm not so easy to take by surprise any more.

Episode 1 airs on BBC America on 22 August but each episode can be found through the ...<span style="font-style: italic">ahem</span> ...usual Internet resources the day after it airs on the Beeb.

Re: Top Gear, Season 17

I love that show! I've been going through and watching them from season 2 on Netflix.

This is so much better than than American version. I love this show!

Go check out finalgear . com always website for all sorts of automotive shows. Been watching Top Gear since Season 7. Awesome show.

The new season on BBC America begins tonight. 20:00 CDT, IIRC.

I have been watching top gear since the mid 80's. Back then it was a much different show. It did test drives and reports with little humor. Glad it changed the format as it makes it a more enjoyable show to watch. Look at clarkson on youtube with his long hippy hair. He still has the same clothes on today as back then...lol.

Mac

i hate hate hate the american version of top gear the dialog is done by writers out of the uk and it shows bad
hopefully they cancel it soon

I have only seen 1 episode and its the one shown below. I like it for 2 reasons. One, it's funny as hell. And two, next month I get to drive a slightly older version of the BMW in the video.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xsofZq2pxVA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xsofZq2pxVA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

That episode above was funny. I am glad to see this show pick up here (US). I still remember when telling people about it, getting a lot of uh! uh! What? top what?