• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Top Gun: Maverick

they should remake jaws next making it pc snowflake friendly the shark could maybe just need a dentist or a hug

Reactions: Snipe260
no one else noticed the Kawasaki H2 at 1:16 after he takes the cover off the Kawasaki gpz?

not sure if it's a H2 or H2R

if the movie is crap or not every article says that there is a ton of real jets not CGI.
so if nothing else the action should have a element of realism

and from the looks of it, its very similar...cant be that bad
even if they only copy 1/2 the move and really screw up the other half it should still be ok

like creed II, it was the rocky 3 story with drago...you really cant screw it up

Last edited:
Hollywood sometimes don't know when to kill a movie and come up with something new and fresh.

i'm impressed by 60 yrs old Tom can take some gs if the scene is not CGI

I generally approach movies like this the same way that I've gotten my wife to see me in our marriage...start with low expectations and sometimes be surprised with greatness!

He's wearing the same pressure suit in the discussion with the admiral, too. The collar is pretty obvious.

Im thinking space force or U2.
hqdefault.jpg

from what i read, the "enemy" seems to be drones or alike
Aurora seems to be up that ally

Drone enemy...how PC
To show this film internationally we have a non specified enemy...sick

I enjoyed the first one till I saw cruise throw his partners tag overboard at the end of the movie. Throws like a pussy!

Reactions: brianf
i'm impressed by 60 yrs old Tom can take some gs if the scene is not CGI

Been following this since it was announced before a script was even selected.
From what I understand, mid production, he stopped everything to learn how to fly fighter jets. Already has a civilian pilots license, so not surprised.
Now is he the one flying 10ft from the deck? Who knows, but I imagine he actually was catapulted, or as the cool kids these days say, yeeted off the carrier.
The movie production was paused for 4 or 6 months so he could get a crash course in flight school to get his license to fly by himself. He does like to do his own stunts after all.

As someone who was born in 86' and most people my age have never seen it, I can't fucking wait for this movie.
I can just about quote the entire original movie as its playing. I will probably even take the day off to go see it.

"I am dangerous."

Been following this since it was announced before a script was even selected.
From what I understand, mid production, he stopped everything to learn how to fly fighter jets. Already has a civilian pilots license, so not surprised.
Now is he the one flying 10ft from the deck? Who knows, but I imagine he actually was catapulted, or as the cool kids these days say, yeeted off the carrier.
The movie production was paused for 4 or 6 months so he could get a crash course in flight school to get his license to fly by himself. He does like to do his own stunts after all.

As someone who was born in 86' and most people my age have never seen it, I can't fucking wait for this movie.
I can just about quote the entire original movie as its playing. I will probably even take the day off to go see it.

"I am dangerous."
(Cough cough) “bullshit”

Reactions: 502Chevelle
I doubt the Navy allowed Cruise to do a cat shot and/or blast around low-level by himself in a Super Hornet.

Would not be surprised if he did some flying in a L-39 or something during filming, and flew the P-51 in the trailer, and maybe even did some flying at altitude in a -F with an IP onboard.

Reactions: 308pirate
Space shuttle launch, orbit, space-walk, door-gunner, re-entry, and landing. Not only that, but he scaled the hoist cable whilst floating the re-entry-module in the Atlantic then flew the helicopter back to the carrier. Reprimanded for 'landing' in the Atlantic.

:D

Well, it COULD happen. I wrote it, so it has to have a grain of possibility in it, therefore it's true.

Space shuttle launch, orbit, space-walk, door-gunner, re-entry, and landing. Not only that, but he scaled the hoist cable whilst floating the re-entry-module in the Atlantic then flew the helicopter back to the carrier. Reprimanded for 'landing' in the Atlantic.

:D

Well, it COULD happen. I wrote it, so it has to have a grain of possibility in it, therefore it's true.
So he took lessons from our dear friend Paparock?

• Haha
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Space shuttle launch, orbit, space-walk, door-gunner, re-entry, and landing. Not only that, but he scaled the hoist cable whilst floating the re-entry-module in the Atlantic then flew the helicopter back to the carrier.
You ever try to free hand a GAU-8 from the shuttles door? Hitting a Chicom Sat at 17k mph @ a 90* closure angle is not that easy, even for the experienced. LOL

You ever try to free hand a GAU-8 from the shuttles door? Hitting a Chicom Sat at 17k mph @ a 90* closure angle is not that easy, even for the experienced. LOL
Methinks much better luck and performance would be had by using 'twins'!!!!! HA.

I don't know what is funnier. The line of conversation, or the fact that there are certain others here who just DON'T understand 'sarcasm'.

More HA.

If it’s not just a redo of the original, I’m betting he has to train gooses kid, then sacrifice himself to save the kid. Either way, you know I’ll see it on the big screen and play danger zone at some point on the drive to the theatre

It'll be on Netflix or Hulu and I'll get bored. Wasn't really a fan of Top Gun, and Tom Cruise is a douchebag. The sad part is when I wanted to be a pilot everyone thought it was because of that crap movie. The best part about it was the Tomcats.

Reactions: 308pirate
Ehhhh maybe.. what gets me is some of the old caractors are in the new one.. hu?everybody i was in my squadron with has retired long ago and i was in when they were filming the first one!!! I hope they got some new actors in the new one

FA-18F- two seater; the clips look like he was the bear in the back. I understand it takes a year just to get HOTAS down pat. If Uncle Sugar is letting him pilot Cat Shots, etc., off a carrier deck, I'm surprised.

My guess is that the Dragon Lady in the frame is a TR-1, a later, upgraded U-2. The Carrier designation number is CV-66, which was the largest ship ever sunk when she was scuttled in 2005. That's an archive clip/photo.

Greg

Reactions: fx77 and Davo308
I am not really a Cruise fan but I will give him this, He puts the effort in to learn what he is doing. He is a real biker (mission impossible), and learned how to drive the Redbull F1 car in one day was laping within a few seconds of the factory drivers. He was already a pilot and it would make sense to learn enough to be able to pilot a F-18 or some other bird at altitude in a dual control cockpit. No way brass is gonna let him do a cat shot alone. Ain't gonna happen. Likely not going to be an Oscar winner with this film but for those who grew up on the old version it should make a fun blast from the past.

I’m anxiously awaited this one. I heard like 5 years ago they were going to make it. Apparently these big movies are hard to find?