• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Top ranges you must visit before your dead

Sleepertruckguy

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2019
#1 K&M finger TN
#2 GTI Legion SC
#3 Altus shooting Baker FL
#4 Rifles Only TX
#5 Sheepdog warrior Catskills NY
#6 Triple C cresson TX
#7 NRA Whittington Center New Mexico
Let’s keep it going, I want to visit every range worth shooting at in the great USA. Let’s keep it a list of tactical long range shooting facilities, (no paper only ranges), steel targets, moving targets, known/unknown distances. This is NOT a list of competition events. This is a list of the absolute best public/private shooting ranges that you MUST visit before your dead.

Last edited:
just as I am a wanna be gun hoarder wanting to collect and shoot all guns rifles and everything in between , visiting all those ranges sounds very fun . loved the pics that people posted who can shoot from b.l.m land as well , I can not fully imagine what having a 3000 yard to shoot from would feel like let along a 6000 yards on the other side to shoot from must be incredible ... and that Alaska range with the valley and the two mountains in the back round overlooking a body of water the pics were stunning .

I’d far rather be enjoying the solitude of a nice hidey hole spot than a public range.
58CABFC1-3F07-4645-B184-D0A3FDDEF9EB.jpeg

Lets not discuss secret spots that we would never give away. Lets list areas that are open to the public to shoot at. I have never seen a "top 10 snipers paradise range" that is open to the public. So far I've shot at Sheep Dog warrior in NY and Altus in Baker FL. These places are both a must to visit. A lot of these ranges I find online that are worth shooting at are only for LE/military training.

Any uninhabited hunk of BLM land out west should be visited and used as a shooting range.

Just clean up after yourself.

I didn't know how good I had it until I moved back to Florida.

#1 K&M finger TN
#2 GTI Legion SC
#4 Rifles Only TX
Let’s keep it going, I want to visit every range worth shooting at in the great USA. Let’s keep it a list of tactical long range shooting facilities, (no paper only ranges), steel targets, moving targets, known/unknown distances. This is NOT a list of competition events. This is a list of the absolute best public/private shooting ranges that you MUST visit before your dead.

ive shot alot at rifles only when i lived in Corpus Christi. They had monthly club matches that included roof tops, barricades, movers and the famous mouse trap. Very good training and lots of fun!! If you ever go try to avoid summer it gets hot!! But where I live now is much more beautiful!

BLM land does not count as a "shooting range."
I'm talking about a full blown range with a variety of steel targets/moving targets/barricades/etc...

BLM land does not count as a "shooting range."
I'm talking about a full blown range with a variety of steel targets/moving targets/barricades/etc...

I have lots of permanent steel out there and plenty of movers called deer, elk and bear and a variety of barricades and obstacles that would boggle the mind.

Just sayin,,,,

Reactions: magtech
I have lots of permanent steel out there and plenty of movers called deer, elk and bear and a variety of barricades and obstacles that would boggle the mind.

Just sayin,,,,
Okay that sounds great, give the address so we can all go shoot there..............

I love my home range Triple C in Cresson Texas........2,600 acres of sprawling targets 45 minutes from my house.

#1 K&M finger TN
#2 GTI Legion SC
#4 Rifles Only TX
#6 Triple C cresson TX

I would add Austin Gun Club in Lampasas, TX. 5 lanes out to 1000 yards and lane 2 goes to 1 mile. Very challenging winds ...different on each lane.

I would also add NRA in Mew Mexico. I have been there but hope to this spring.

I would add Austin Gun Club in Lampasas, TX. 5 lanes out to 1000 yards and lane 2 goes to 1 mile. Very challenging winds ...different on each lane.

I would also add NRA in Mew Mexico. I have been there but hope to this spring.
Couldn’t find much info on Austin Gun Club but NRA Whittington Center New Mexico made the list

Amen to that! Hmmm do I wanna shoot 2 miles today or 1189 yards possibilities unlimited.

View attachment 7220975
I don't have a huge desire to visit any pay ranges although I will once our new place opens in Feb b/c it's all we can get in FL. You fellers with wide open spaces and no one to your L or R are living the dream! Awesome so jealous.

Hurtig in Idaho
Got steel out to 1450m starting at 15m with plate racks. Good crew and whenever I go there is maybe one other person.