• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Top Sniper - Military Channel

Re: Top Sniper - Military Channel

recorded it will watch the parts i missed after i get home from shooting tomorrow
on agin tomorrow night too

Hopefully some of you guys got to shoot in this - by far the most professional set up I've ever seen, s hot a few matches but nothing like that!!!

They even have USMC, Air Force, foreign countries, and one LE team this year.

Pretty sweet, gotta hit the hay so I'll have to catch re-runs ....

Have it on DVR so I can catch it tomorrow.

Sounds like it will be fun to watch

Very nice assortment of toys on display.

AI AW
XM110
Knights Armament SR25
XM3
M24
M40A3s
MK12 Mod 1s
Sako TRG 42
AIG 338 LM
a few M4s thrown into the competition as well.

For scopes, lots of Leupys, S&B, Nightforce and at least 1 or 2 USOs.

Good to see the LEO snipers get in on the action as well. They even won a stage, probably the hardest stage to make a hit on.

Got it recorded....apparrently it's a two night event, and the titles and show times indicate that there are 4 separate one hour shows -- two Monday and two again on Tuesday.

In either case, the first Top Sniper was a blast just to watch.

What I saw was good, but why do people always call when there is something on you actually want to watch?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat Harrison</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I saw was good, but why do people always call when there is something on you actually want to watch? </div></div>

NO SHIT!!

13 FRACKING times the GDamn phone rang last night, I was getting RUDE to people....LEAVE ME ALONE - DO NOT CALL ME lol

I turned the cell off and unplugged the house phone by 7:30pm..

"The telephone has no Constitutional right to be answered." - Supreme Court Justice Dan Stone, portrayed by Walter Matthau in the movie <span style="font-style: italic">First Monday in October</span>.

I could have sworn that at the beginning i caught a glimpse of a KMW Sentinel!!!

I am salivating at the prospect of Terry selling them with a custom build.

Hmmm, my dad hopefully is taping this like I asked him to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For scopes, lots of Leupys, S&B, Nightforce and at least 1 or 2 USOs.</div></div>

I threw up in my mouth when I saw that the AMU had a USO.

[

Good to see the LEO snipers get in on the action as well. They even won a stage, probably the hardest stage to make a hit on. [/quote]

yeah that was pretty cool...wasn't it last year some foreign team won that round? I think everyone was underestemating them for having some kind of suped up assault rifle (which was ideal for that round) and they got quite a few hits...maybe theres something to not having much experience on that one....or just spray and pray? lol either way it was good to see them kick some military ass.

Who had the XM-3? I saw it but missed the operator.

It was a good show and tonight should be the same. It realy showed the new wave of AR-10 type weapons being used.
Did anuone catch the show before?

The lead - or more properly, lag or negative lead - from a moving platform on a stationary target is the same as it would be for a moving target at the same speed from a stationary platform.

Since at 500 yards or less, the lead for a mover is about 0.6 mils per MPH of target speed with a .308, my guess is that most people greatly underestimated the negative lead for shooting from a helicopter.

The Pennsylvania SWAT cops got 3 hits. The AMU team got 0. Pretty good, I'd say, or pretty lucky.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The lead - or more properly, lag or negative lead - from a moving platform on a stationary target is the same as it would be for a moving target at the same speed from a stationary platform.

Since at 500 yards or less, the lead for a mover is about 0.6 mils per MPH of target speed with a .308, my guess is that most people greatly underestimated the negative lead for shooting from a helicopter.

The Pennsylvania SWAT cops got 3 hits. The AMU team got 0. Pretty good, I'd say, or pretty lucky.

</div></div>

Looked like PA SWAT made the hits with a gas gun. Big advantage over the bolt guns since apparently no shot limit on that stage.

Nice to see a couple of Premier's new scopes in operation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">better to be lucky than good! </div></div>
You can't count on lucky...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got it recorded....apparrently it's a two night event, and the titles and show times indicate that there are 4 separate one hour shows -- two Monday and two again on Tuesday.
</div></div>

Glad you said that, I just wathced it on DVR and was like WTF?? Who one??? Where was the rest? Got the DVR setup for tonite too. Also gonna record Sniper School, though I have seen it a dozen times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat Harrison</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">better to be lucky than good! </div></div>
You can't count on lucky...</div></div>

I would rather get a luck hit than a horible miss. Especially in a situation like that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nuttshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wished I had the military channel! </div></div>

Try Hulu.com, they may have it and its free to watch.

Had my wife recorded for me last night and she will also be recording it tonight. I am having to work late at night and do not get home to watch it unitl after it is in its second hour. It looks like a good comp. Looks like they are getting some good training out of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Also gonna record Sniper School, though I have seen it a dozen times.
</div></div>

Yes I have seen it several times myself. My good friend SSG B was an instructor there when that was filmed.

That's the guy who dials his flinch, isn't it, Pete?
laugh.gif

Thanx for letting me know this is on, I'll have to watch it.

I took the "sniper quiz" and missed one; I did not know that sniper rifles are $8,000-$15,000 and have free-floated barrrels and composite stocks. I must'a gotten a few great deals because I haven't paid $8,000+ for any of mine, and some even have "sniper" in the name, right beside "Nerf."

that old geezer with the binos is a buzzkill, but damn he's good at spotting the guys in the field. I want him on my side

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cant hit the tennis bal if you don't try!!! i would have tried its gotta be at least a min wide.</div></div>

Yes - the ball is 2.5 inches at 150 meters.

But that's the point of knowing your limitations.

AMU won
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah well who won? my cable was kicking in and out....did the amu make the live fire shot?
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's the guy who dials his flinch, isn't it, Pete? </div></div>

Yes Lindy they say that is him.

Also the AMU team won again. I will be shooting with one of those guys this weekend at a match and I will ask him more about the match. Good stuff so far.

SFC Carpentier,

Did you shoot ALL ARMY a few weeks ago.

OW

Hey Pete.

Good luck in the match this weekend. I am going to shoot the AG Match with WOC Vasques. He shot last year with Pogue and did pretty good. They wont let anyone use a Nightforce, so I cant use my guns. Vasques has a good setup so we are going to use his.

When you are at the match, be sure to look for Victor from Tactical Night Vision Company and introduce yourself. He is a sponsor and is bringing goodies. I just bought a PVS 14 from him and he makes a cool scope mounted rail that you need to check out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The lead - or more properly, lag or negative lead - from a moving platform on a stationary target is the same as it would be for a moving target at the same speed from a stationary platform.

</div></div>

Rather be lucky than good these days

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cant hit the tennis bal if you don't try!!! i would have tried its gotta be at least a min wide. </div></div>

164 yds and the ball is 2 1/2"...

Just out of curiosity what exactly model rifle was the AMU Sniper shooting?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you shoot ALL ARMY a few weeks ago.
</div></div>

OW, no I did not. We sent a team about four years ago and they cleaned house.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you are at the match, be sure to look for Victor from Tactical Night Vision Company and introduce yourself. He is a sponsor and is bringing goodies. I just bought a PVS 14 from him and he makes a cool scope mounted rail that you need to check out. </div></div>

Will do sir. Good luck and keep the winning streak going.

As for the rifle that the AMU shot, I was told that it a 300Win mag with a stock designed by SFC J.

Good show. And it was good to see a couple guys I've shot with on TV. I'm sure our NorCal guys are taking tips from it for some evil stages to come in our matches.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody save this to disk, i'd love a copy? </div></div>

If anyone knows how to burn a copy off DVR, I'll make you one. I ain't smart enough.

1st overall AMU, 2nd overall Rangers from Lewis 3rd overall 1st SWTG (all in open class.)AMU was shooting a AMU built Rem 700 in 300WSM with 175 gr at 3050 fps in as mentioned a custom chassis. JCH if you are talking about the start of the first episode the guy with a blurred out face was actually the (4th overall) 1st in service class spotter shooting a Jered Joplin built rifle during the vendor day shoot. I don't remember any Terry Cross rifles being there. 1 team did use an Iron Brigade Armory built rifle during the comp (finished pretty well if I remember correctly.)
1SWTG was high 7.62 NATO but they were put into open class because their rifle wasn't an as issued M24. For all you guys that are still in try and make it to the comp, believe me the prize table is definitely worth it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC 0231</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who had the XM-3? </div></div>

A USMC team has the XM3 with a Surefire can .

Nice watch , I downloaded all episodes from ITunes ,

PP out

Good show.

It made me want to get a can
laugh.gif

Hey, I don't have cable. I'd love a copy of the show. Or maybe someone can upload it to limewire?

Does anyone have a link to the targets they were using in the target identification and communication portions of the event?