• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Top This!

EXTREMEPREJUDICE

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2008
SE MICHIGAN
About a year ago I needed a custom base for an Ed Brown .308 rifle since EB only manufactures a 0 MOA base and Badger, etc. won't match the EB action and there isn't enough elevation on a PMII to "reach out" (.308, O MOA base, etc.) So I call Cameron at Murphy Precision who happens to be familiar with the action and advises that while it's based on a M40, it's really not but I'm in luck because he has happened to print one before, makes me a 20 MOA base for his stock price, no custom upcharge. He runs the base the day I order it, coats it, ships the next day. I receive it, perfect fit, great workmahship............I'm a happy camper. Ok, that's a year ago. Yesterday I send him an e-mail, have a second EB, picked up another S&B so I'm taking off the NXS and EB zero base thats on it and ask him about making me a 30 MOA base to work with this new glass. Get this, he offers to exchange the base I purchased from him a year ago and replace it with the 30 MOA!!! Now, of course I don't want the 20 MOA base replaced, it's on another stick and secondly I wouldn't feel right doing that even if that was the move I was making.........but WHO ELSE would even offer to replace a part, let alone custom run that had been in service for a year, because the customers needs had changed?!! Ok, top it!

Re: Top This!

I've had a similar experience with Cameron. I had a Hall actioned 338 lapua and needed a custom base made. Cameron hadn't ever built a base for this action so I measured the hole spacing to the best of my ability. I received the base and it was barely off and wouldn't fit the action. I called him and told him I must have measured wrong. I told him how much the spacing was off by and he made me a new one and shipped it to me at no charge! Great customer service.

Re: Top This!

My stepfather wanted to get a tactical bolt gun and asked me to help. As far as the optic I suggested a US optics tpal. We found a used one on ebay. The seller, who is sheriff of a town in a state over, told me it was like new. When I received it, it was all messed up. Grass and pine still in the front optic bell, parallax broke, huge scrape right though the US optics emblem on the front. The lenses where filthy and even after cleaning it looked like pepper all over the reticule. I emailed the sheriff everyday for 3 days and didn't hear from him until I sent an email saying that what he had done was mail fraud; up until this point I didn't know he was a sheriff. He then had his lawyer email me back saying that I was now being investigated for slander and defamation of character for suggesting what he had done was mail fraud, and I had to hire a lawyer to talk to his lawyer if I wanted to resolve this problem. Other words I, or my stepfather was screwed.
I called USO and told them this story and explained how my stepfather was out $2150 because of this a**hole. They said to send the scope to them and they would take a look. 2 weeks later I had Fedex drop off the scope and if it wasn't for the scrape down the side I would have though they just gave me a new scope.
USO is a company I will always deal with.