• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Topper and roof rack for a Colorado?

gunjunkie45

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 28, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Looking to get a topper and roof rack to hold fuel, spare tire, jack, and other odds and ends. Going on a 2020 Colorado ZR2 Bison. Most topper websites I find are antiquated useless websites that don't really show compatibility. Probably going with Rhino racks. Any suggestions?

Reactions: FishinGuns
    Go to a Leer dealer. They can fix you up in no time plus customize it to your heart's desire. They do offer a factory commercial topper with rack installed but it might not be your cup of tea.

I do like the new Colorado’s. Pretty cool looking.
    20200919_092506.jpg

Reactions: 10ring'r and Dpp
    I think they look dumb as shit, but the specs on them are pretty impressive.

You know it has a bed, right? The fuck you need a roof rack for if you aint mounting lights?

You know it has a bed, right? The fuck you need a roof rack for if you aint mounting lights?
    Because a topper allows me to lock up my shit when I travel, secure my tools if I take my truck to work, keep fucking snow out of the bed, and I intend to spend my vacations living out of the fucking truck.

• Love
    Reactions: FishinGuns and Dpp

Oh, and the roof rack is for fuel, shovel, highlift Jack and spare tire.

Because a topper allows me to lock up my shit when I travel, secure my tools if I take my truck to work, keep fucking snow out of the bed, and I intend to spend my vacations living out of the fucking truck.

Aint the truck for that travels with Charlie shit, but ok. I'm all for the topper logically, shit, logically I'm all for doing shit to a truck just because it looks cool and you want more utility— just confused is all about the roof rack given your justifications. If you just want to do it, fuck me, but don't tell me it's because of reason X,Y,Z because I'll pick it apart for reasons X,Y,Z ya know.

It's a performance oriented truck and then you want to put a bunch of heavy shit as high up as possible, it's confusing lol. All that bullshit said, check out LOD, they have semi modular systems for all that stuff and they are solid as fuck.

I’ve been researching new trucks lately. I’m looking to go bigger from my current extended cab 6.5’ bed 1500 to a 2500 crew cab 8’ bed.

Im currently running a fiberglass lid, love the security of nobody seeing my fishing shit or gun cases, and I love being able to see easily out of my rear window, but I’m doing a cap on the next truck. Roll-out bed slider. The new camera technology (all the different views, including drone view) turned me onto the versatility of having a full cap. I’ll likely get into more drive-to fishing /hunting destinations and bring everything I’ll ever need. So I see your desire, as I’m there too!

ARE brand caps is where I’ll be looking first. I think they have the best lines and they have roof rack options, too. I’m interested in putting carpeted sliding drawers in the roof of my future cap, as well.

Reactions: gunjunkie45
    Aint the truck for that travels with Charlie shit, but ok. I'm all for the topper logically, shit, logically I'm all for doing shit to a truck just because it looks cool and you want more utility— just confused is all about the roof rack given your justifications. If you just want to do it, fuck me, but don't tell me it's because of reason X,Y,Z because I'll pick it apart for reasons X,Y,Z ya know.

It's a performance oriented truck and then you want to put a bunch of heavy shit as high up as possible, it's confusing lol. All that bullshit said, check out LOD, they have semi modular systems for all that stuff and they are solid as fuck.
    Performance wise I won't be adding very much weight up top. Going to use it to drive across upper Michigan entirely off-road next year. Look into peoples set up for overlanding, I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary. Nothing heavy goes up top, but it frees up bed space. Go8ng to cut the fenders so I can fit 35s without a lift too. Will keep my center low and give me more clearance without a lift. A lift on this suspension is $1200 a piece for long travel.

Performance wise I won't be adding very much weight up top. Going to use it to drive across upper Michigan entirely off-road next year. Look into peoples set up for overlanding, I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary. Nothing heavy goes up top, but it frees up bed space. Go8ng to cut the fenders so I can fit 35s without a lift too. Will keep my center low and give me more clearance without a lift. A lift on this suspension is $1200 a piece for long travel.

Well that's legit as fuck and sounds like a blast.

Here's the LOD site: https://lodoffroad.com/products/che...d-signature-series-modular-headache-rack.html

This is what they got goin on:
    _dsc9490-4_1.jpg