• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes TORIC UHD 4.5-30x56MM FFP MOA vs. NX8 4-32x50 F2

Cornholeo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2011
Oklahoma city
I think I have narrowed my next scope purchase down to these two. I have several of the NXS series and have always been happy with the glass and performance of the turrets and zero stop. The eye box has been perfect for me and clarity has been good from 5.5 to 22 power. I have seen several reviews of the Tract Toric scopes on youtube and opinions in various forums but never any info from people who have used or owned both of these. Any info from people who have been behind both would be greatly appreciated. This will go on a rebarrel to 7SS so I will be taking to elk hunt, bang steel out to 1400yds or better, and whack prairie dogs at long range.

1. How is eye box on both of these at max power?
2. How does the turrets feel when dialing, nice and solid or mushy?
3. How does parallax perform?
4. How about tracking on both? Watched a video of guy dialing the shit out of the Toric turrets and tracking seemed spot on. Any experience with either of these two?
5. How about clarity and color at max power?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited:
I have researched these scopes for sometime. I finally narrowed my decision down to the toric tract 4.5-30 x56 FFP MRAD and now have one on order. Once it arrives I will let you know how it works. The company has great customer service. Jon the owner will personally answer your calls.

Last edited:
I have both of the Tracts. The 4-20 does not seem to degrade even at 20X while the 4.5-20 starts to slightly fall off past 25X. The controls are all very smooth. No throw lever needed on the mag ring. The turrets are perhaps muted in feel as compared to a Vortex but are very easy to dial. Both track dead on so far...I have shot them to 1000 yards. Zero stop is stupid easy to setup and rock solid. To me the eyeboxes are easy to hit and stay in. Compared to my Cronus the parallax is perhaps more sensitive but allows very sharp focus/resolution. Optically the weakest point might be some CA in very high contrast situations, but I have never found it bothersome. I have never looked through a NX8 so I can't compare them. But I have to think that anything with an 8X erector system has a compromise at some point.

Tract CS is amazing and Jon is damn near always online to answer any questions. They have a strong Mil/LEO discount and will go the extra mile for you. I have -0- reservations recommending either of them and am thinking of getting another 4-20.