• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Torque Drivers

TmisterE

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Washington
I have an old Wheeler Fat Wrench I have been using for years and thinking about upgrading to a better torque tool, looking at the Borka Tool torque driver and Fix It Sticks torque limiter, seems like the Fix It Sticks might be a little more user friendly, the Borka has finer torque settings (1 in lb. vs. 5 in lb. for Fix It Sticks) don't know if I would need finer torque settings but I have a scope that the manufacturer recommends 18 in lb. on the ring cap screws, anyone using these and have any pros or cons for either.

I initially bought the Borka as more of a field tool kit, but I use it all the time when I'm at home. It has every bit that you would commonly need with firearms and accessories, and the fit and finish on his tools is really nice. Boris has amazing customer service and will even make custom torque limiters based on customer feedback, like the 90 in-lb for the BarLoc. His tools are top notch and I would buy another set in a heartbeat if I managed to lose this one.

I picked up a Capri Tools precision torque screwdriver a few years ago. I has a 6% +/- accuracy rate which isn't horrible. I like using it on the bench. It's quicker to dial and torque away.

I initially bought the Borka as more of a field tool kit, but I use it all the time when I'm at home. It has every bit that you would commonly need with firearms and accessories, and the fit and finish on his tools is really nice. Boris has amazing customer service and will even make custom torque limiters based on customer feedback, like the 90 in-lb for the BarLoc. His tools are top notch and I would buy another set in a heartbeat if I managed to lose this one.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

As of today, Borka Tools may be the only source that can very quickly (2-3 business days) ship customer requested precision torque limiters (PTLs) and customized PTL based kits in any torque settings and any torque settings combinations, in the range from 15 to 80 inch-lbs (or calibrated and labeled in Nm, if requested, in the range from 2 to 9 Nm) for the same price as for "off-the-shelf" PTLs and PTL based kits. This is possible because PTL incorporates, by design, a precise limiting torque adjustment, which is not available on other torque limiters, except for considerably more expensive Seekonk T-handles.

We also have 4 inch-lbs. (NF Zero Stop) and 90 inch-lbs. (ARC Barloc) PTL kits , which are hard to find from any other vendor at a reasonable price. Another example - CZ is known to specify torque specs in Nm, so we currently offer 8 Nm PTL kit for Bren 2/805 barrel changes and can configue Nm rated PTL kits for other CZ fireams...

http://www.shooterstools.com/Pages/PTL/ptlkits.html

Starting from January 2019, we will be selling, and at a special discount, 3 pack of ATD-EFKs (or ATD-EFK1s) for infrequent resellers, such as small businesses and even individuals, engaged in occasional business deals:

http://www.shooterstools.com/Pages/ATD/atdkits.html#3pack

Boris
Borka Tools

Last edited:
I finally bought a Borka last year to keep on my pack and even at home I find myself grabbing it over my snap on torque wrenches for convenience. It just works.

No experience with the fix it sticks, I didn’t like how they’re one setting tools so I got the Borka.

I’ve had the borka and fix it sticks and while I like the t handle and all I find too many times I need a torque setting that falls between what the fix it sticks provides the borka adjustable and a 90inlb ptl for my barloc from borka are the way to go in my opinion much wider range and like others have said stellar customer service and quality on his products

I really like my Fix-It-Sticks full kit. It comes with 15/25/45/65 in-lb limiters. I have a Borka PTL for the BarLoc (90in-lbs).

Yes, it is frustrating that you have to have the limiter for the setting you want. An example is ARC M10 rings, 55in lbs, I just have to use the craftsman torque wrench at the house. If it is a field situation I’ll use the 45 in-lbs limiter. Eventually I’ll get around to purchasing one.

I really like my Fix-It-Sticks full kit. It comes with 15/25/45/65 in-lb limiters. I have a Borka PTL for the BarLoc (90in-lbs).

Yes, it is frustrating that you have to have the limiter for the setting you want. An example is ARC M10 rings, 55in lbs, I just have to use the craftsman torque wrench at the house. If it is a field situation I’ll use the 45 in-lbs limiter. Eventually I’ll get around to purchasing one.

Yeah I have the Fix it sticks too. Sucks I need to get additional limiters. They are expensive too.

Yeah I have the Fix it sticks too. Sucks I need to get additional limiters. They are expensive too.

I've done a sort of price/benefit comparison several years ago. Which is the main reason Borka Tools does not offer any "off-the-shelf" kits with more than 2 precision torque limiters, although we will certainly respect customer wishes and will sell anything that customer would like to have, assuming we have all kit components in stock or we can produce these components in less than 2 business days.

It appears that if customer needs more than 3 separate torque settings, it's a lot more cost effective to purchase an adjustable torque driver, which provides required range of limiting torque values, be it Wheeler FAT, Weaver (which is just a simplified copy of the 2009 Borka torque screwdriver) or Borka Tools ATD.

Boris
Borka Tools

Last edited:
I’ve been using the Wheeler FAT wrench and it works quite well for scopes and my action which I use 65 in-lbs. Does anyone know the accuracy of it compared to the Fix It sticks and the Borka system?

I have been using the fix it sticks got them from precision rifle division he had them custom make a kit for the prs type shooting and the kit has the 20 in. lbs, 30 in. lbs, 55in lbs, and 65 in. lbs. with all of those i have been able to do everything that i have needed to do.

I have been using the fix it sticks got them from precision rifle division he had them custom make a kit for the prs type shooting and the kit has the 20 in. lbs, 30 in. lbs, 55in lbs, and 65 in. lbs. with all of those i have been able to do everything that i have needed to do.

How much did that cost you? And what did you use before?

Nice. I need to add 20 and 55 to my kit but don’t feel like spending $80 on just two limiters. Let me look at my options.

I own both the FixItStix and the Borka. I like the Borka much better.

I having been using one of these little Italian guys for years. It is rated at 4% for 5000 uses and can be sent in for recalibration. HERE

Rasyad

Last edited:
yes spoke with Boris and I will be buying a kit from him very nice guy

I use an original Borka kit since about 2011. I've used it for thousands of cycles without issue. I've used it extensively as a volunteer at my local gun club to help mount other peoples scopes properly to spec.

may be overkill but im using a Teng Tools Model 1492USD.

I currently use the FAT wrench, works good. I have been looking for something different, think I am going to try the Wiha torque vario in the 18-62 in lb range.

I have the Wiha and I like it. I also have a Sturtevant Richmont which I like a lot. I got the SR in 2-18 and then the Wiha since I need 60ish for some things. I’m trying not to get that Italian one because I don’t need it but it’s so damn cool.

Klein torque screwdriver it measures in inch lbs and nm just a thought for low torque settings.

I have a set of Fixit Stix in my pack with the torque limiters that I would need in the field (15, 25 & 66in/lbs). It saves a ton of weight vs the Fat Wrench and assorted Allen keys I used to carry around. The Fat Wrench now lives in the bag that I use to bring spare barrels/barrel vise/action wrench to the range if I'm gonna swap off a barrel and re-zero. At home I have Craftsman torque wrenches in In/lbs and Ft/lbs.

I have an old Wheeler Fat Wrench I have been using for years and thinking about upgrading to a better torque tool, looking at the Borka Tool torque driver and Fix It Sticks torque limiter, seems like the Fix It Sticks might be a little more user friendly, the Borka has finer torque settings (1 in lb. vs. 5 in lb. for Fix It Sticks) don't know if I would need finer torque settings but I have a scope that the manufacturer recommends 18 in lb. on the ring cap screws, anyone using these and have any pros or cons for either.

If you are going to get a new one, check eBay first. After reading this thread I went there and looked around, found a few good deals. I ended up buying a Lundstrom 5-40 in lb for $75, it was an open box/ demo. Apparently they are from England because all the prices online were in GBP, they sell for 200 ish GBP. Never heard of them but apparently Snap On is the parent company.

I like fixit sticks... there are alway in my pack and have bailed out more than one PRS shooter locally.

It's a great kits and I like the fixed settings.... Remember to dail back to zero on all your torque devices to relax the spring otherwise there are probally out of calibration.

BCM

Reactions: thestacche
I have both and I like that the Borka can be placed on any specific limit. However, I talked to Fixit Sticks and had them put together a hand selected set for the shop. These include 20 in/lbs for scope ring top screws. 30 in/lbs for the MPA lug lock. 55 in/lbs for scope ring base screws. and 65 in/lbs for action screws. I also had them add a #2 allen bit for scope set screws like the Schmidt and Bender and an extended bit for action screws. With this setup I haven't found myself needing any other limiters. Here's the link if anyone is interested.

https://www.precisionrifledivision.com/prd-fixit-sticks/

Really enjoying my fixitsticks kit I got, works flawlessly and packs up really small and carries so many drivers and heads. Couldn’t recommend it enough.

I have a fat wrench and the Borka ATD. I don't use the fat wrench anymore as the Borka tool has everything I need in a convent package.

Just got my BORKA great EFK kit quality is real nice great to deal with also

Vortex makes a nice torque wrench for $80