• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Torque specs for 455 + Manners T4?

Cproflow

King of the Shank
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2011
Lyons, Colorado
I will be installing a Karsten cheek rest on this rifle, and to do so, I'll need to take the action out.
Why? I'm going to use a nice drill press at work, and wouldn't you know it...they tend to frown on bringing actual firearms into the facility
wink.gif

Anyway, for the life of me I can't seem to turn up what the torque specs should be for when I reassemble the rifle. The T4 has pillars built in already, and for some reason I seem to remember the front and rear bolt had different torque specs. I don't think the torque is too much...maybe 25-30 in/lbs? I just can't remember!

Can anyone help?

Re: Torque specs for 455 + Manners T4?

I would stick with 30. I have a regular stock with pillars and 30 is enough to hold it good and solid, but not be super tight.

My 455 PT with a T4 Manners stock is torqued to 25pds using my Borka.

Thanks Guys...I knew I was in the ball park.
I'll start off at 25 in/lbs to start, even on both bolts, and see how she goes. I can play upward a little if things seem wonky.