• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Torque Tool for NF Zero Stop

kortik

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2010
Michigan
www.borkatools.com
I got a few of our Precision Torque Limiters, calibrated to 4 inch-lbs. (Item # PTL-004H-IP).

4 inch-lbs. is a tightening torque specification for certain models of Night Force Zero Stop set screws.
PTL is very close to the size of 12 gauge 3" long shotgun shell, with weight of approximately 3 ounces.

PTL004H.JPG

While it is mechanically overbuilt for 4 inch-lbs. torque preset, it provides an interesting advantage: there is absolutely no need for a separate drive handle of any kind. PTL cylinder body (0.87" dia. x 2.50" long) can be used as a handle by itself, making this PTL a sort of small, but still very comfortable to use "preset torque screwdriver".

Accuracy is way better than typical +/-6%, and each PTL comes with matching, to PTL serial number, certificate of calibration, and high quality 5/64" hex bit.

Consistency, durability and life expectancy of PTL-004H-IP are exceptionally high - no surprise here, as it is built on the same strong PTL platform as used, say, for Borka Tools PTL-090H-IP, preset to 90 inch-lbs.

In line with prices for all other single PTL kits, this one is $35 + $8 shipping by USPS Priority Mail. Take note that very low torque Precision Torque Limiter is somewhat more expensive than higher torque PTL. In this case, I'm compensating for initial higher cost by not including compact ratchet drive handle, which is simply not needed...

If any of you, gentlemen, are interested to get hold of such tool, while I have a few of them available, please send an e-mail to:

[email protected]

Boris
Borka Tools

Last edited:
What is the recommended torque for S&B? Do you have a wrench for that?

It looks like S&B uses somewhat different setup for return to zero.

I could not find anything related to recommended torque values or even about requirement for application of any specific torque at all for anything related to their "return to zero" setup.

Personally, I have no practical experience with any of S&B scopes, although S&B scopes are certainly very high quality, as I've heard. I'm sorry I could not answer your question.

Last edited:
This should also fit the set screws on the Vortex AMG as well, correct?

Page Marked

Last edited:
Received several e-mails expressing interest in this tool. Here is an update:

PTL004K is now available for purchase directly from our website.

It can be shipped as early as Thursday next week, August 23rd, and may be, even Wednesday.

Here is the link to the web page:

http://www.shooterstools.com/Pages/PTL/ptlkits.html#PTL004K

At this time, I only have 8 of these kits in stock.
If actual sales results are inspiring, I'll make a decision if more of these kits should be made.

Boris
Borka Tools

Last edited:
2 left ;)

Looking to pick up an atacr and don't want to have to carry a fat wrench anymore. Didnt want to pass it up!

Usually, I keep one control sample of every PTL we offer, for reference, and it's typically not for sale.

However, I've decided to "donate" my control sample to sales. So, at this time, available stock qty. is 3.
After these 3 are gone, take note that the new batch of PTL004Ks may possibly arrive in November.

If you're late to purchase one of these 3 remaining PTL004Ks, feel free to let me know, by e-mail to:

[email protected]

that you're interested in this item.

Then, when new batch of PTL004Ks arrives, I'll let you know by e-mail.

Boris
Borka Tools

Last edited:
Not to be a hater or anything but if you can't correctly torque your NF zerostop screws by hand with the factory provided Allen key you might be retarded.

Why wouldn't you provide your opinion directly to Nightforce instead of posting it here?

Nightforce came with this spec of 4 inch-lbs., which obviously, requires some sort of torque tool preset to 4 inch-lbs., unless others have your unique ability to apply torque setting of 4 inch-lbs., just by the feel of your fingers holding 5/64" L-key...

I just supply the tool to comply with this NF torque spec.

Your opinion of "...might be retarded." is an insult to me and my customers.
If you do not need the tool, I'm O.K. with that, just do not post here, it makes no sense at all.

Last edited:
Not to be a hater or anything but if you can't correctly torque your NF zerostop screws by hand with the factory provided Allen key you might be retarded.

Some people can't change a light bulb without checking manufacturers recommended torque specs. ;)

Nothing against Borka though, there's plenty of people out there, even "smiths", who don't know how much to tighten certain screws. While not for me, good on them for making a tool for the ones that need them.

Last edited:
Never heard of torque specs for light bulbs.

Share your knowledge.

Anyway, I'm out of here, I do not need this BS.

Read my full post again. I added to it while you were responding. The first part was a joke, hope that was obvious.

My comment wasn't a hack at you or your product, just to clarify. Again.

None of my business but you'd be missing out by leaving the hide over a few silly posts.

"Hmm" is not what I want to hear. It must be more technical, and a lot more clear, so I could get a good idea what is right and what is wrong.

Anyway, I will not be offering anything on SH any more.

I'm not looking to see this kind of disrespect any more.

Wishing you the best.

Good bye, gentlemen.

Boris

Oh friggin hell. I love my Borka tools and so do many others here on the Hide. I will email you to get one of these to add to my kit.

The ability to PERFECTLY set to the correct torque specs every time is what I would want to do. For me, the perfect use-case for this tool is in the field.

TWICE I have had to re-zero a NF in the field, in cold weather, once when it was raining. This tool is exactly what I would want to make the whole thing go faster and to spec, with gloves on.

Oh friggin hell. I love my Borka tools and so do many others here on the Hide. I will email you to get one of these to add to my kit.

The ability to PERFECTLY set to the correct torque specs every time is what I would want to do. For me, the perfect use-case for this tool is in the field.

TWICE I have had to re-zero a NF in the field, in cold weather, once when it was raining. This tool is exactly what I would want to make the whole thing go faster and to spec, with gloves on.

Thanks a lot.

Boris