• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Torque Value for TPS 30mm Aluminum Ring Cap Screws

Vin

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2004
The instructions provide the indicated inch pound torque for the 7/16" hex nuts but for the cap screws they just go into tightening the screws with the provided torx wrench. I like to be a bit more precise and consistent than just doing it by hand. Thx for your help.

Re: Torque Value for TPS 30mm Aluminum Ring Cap Screws

Somewhere in the 15-20 in/lb range if I recall correctly.

20 in-lbs is all you need, read the directions carefully, if i remember correctly, you must tighten a certain side of caps down so there is no space, then you tighten the other side about 20 inch-lbs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpspeeddemon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">20 in-lbs is all you need, read the directions carefully, if i remember correctly, you must tighten a certain side of caps down so there is no space, then you tighten the other side about 20 inch-lbs </div></div>

I assume this is the same for steel rings?

The aluminum should be at 15 inch/pounds. The steel should be at 20 inch/pounds. The TPS have a marked side that should me mated first and torqued at what I stated above. Then you have to do the other side. So one side should have a gap the other should not. Thats how these rings are made.

Aron-