• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes torque values for MST-100 to M40A1 build

Sawyer

no one
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2008
Bird Rock
OK... I am mounting up my MST-100 to my spec build. I am torquing my clip slotted base to the action and the head of the screw twist off. I was using the values of 65 in/lbs for base to action and ~15 in/lbs for the rings to scope. Am I way over torquing the base to the action? Before I go back and do this again.... I thought i should just ask the dumb question.... thanks!

Re: torque values for MST-100 to M40A1 build

Try 15-20 in/lbs. for base to action, and 15-20 in/lbs. for the ring halves screws. Try 65 in/lbs. for the 1/2 in ring to base nuts. And 65 in/lbs. for the stock to action screws. And yes thats way to much (65 in/lbs.) for the base to action screws.

Re: torque values for MST-100 to M40A1 build

If it is a actual Unertl clip slotted mount (or repro) and not a pic rail then 15-20in lbs for both the base and 1" redfield rings. The 65in lbs only applies to the picattiny style rings with the large hex head nut