• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Torx driver for Archimedes ejector screw?

Gunmack

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 25, 2020
    Southern California
    I finally got my Archimedes action out of the California 10 day lock up. Unfortunately, I discovered that in order to insert the ARC action wrench you have to remove the ejector assembly and the screw requires a driver that is smaller than a T10. Does anyone know the torx size required?

Ted supplies nice schematics for his actions but does not specify the torx drivers required. Anyone with experience in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I really don’t want to have to purchase an entire set of micro torx drivers if I don’t have to.

Attachments

• 122F74CA-81D4-4981-A2D2-106893616E21.jpeg
      122F74CA-81D4-4981-A2D2-106893616E21.jpeg
      408.6 KB · Views: 50
    It's a T7 or T8. I can't tell you which of those two because mine is a double ended bit in a Klein set. I think I bought the set at Home Depot. Hard to find individual pieces that small. At least if you have my patience level that is.

Reactions: Gunmack
    Just get a cheap combo torx key set from Amazon...and put a dab of blue loctite on that screw when you put it back.

Reactions: Gunmack
    Are you sure you need to remove the ejector to insert the ARC action wrench??? I have an ARC action wrench bought when I got my Nucleus 1.0 action and it works in my Archimedes without removing the ejector. I think it’s possible to insert the action wrench in the wrong rotation.

I would email ARC with your questions and give it a few days to get an answer

I used a mill, but you could probably pull it off with a dremel, but I just ran a cut on the left side of the wrench to relieve the area where the ejector sits to allow me to insert the wrench without removing the ejector.