• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Total MOA for a S&B PMII 5-25

winxp_man

Firearm Pimp
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2009
Sacto, CA
Have a question for those of you running S&B PMII 5-25 scopes. The scope base I have is a 30 MOA. Would a 0 MOA mount be all good for a 338 Caliber rifle? Ruger RPR 338 more specific. Thanks ahead for any info.

The reason for the question is I have seen some state that S&B might have these scopes tuned to 40-45 MOA cant.

30 MOA base for the 338 is a better option. I use a 20 MOA mount. That’s ideal IMO as it doesn’t bottom out the reticle almost, which can degrade the resolution at higher mag.
Not sure what “S&B might have these scopes tuned to 40-45 MOA cant”
The scope isn’t “tuned” for a 40+ MOA base from Schmidt. If bought new your crosshairs should be in the middle of the elevation range from the factory. A 5-25 PMII has approximately 67 MOA of TOTAL travel in elevation. So if you’re centered then you can move the crosshairs up or down 33ish MOA. The scope can’t travel 40+ MOA to zero at 100 yds fyi.

Is your scope MOA or Mil? The Mil version has more elevation and where people were using the 40 MOA bases. The MOA should work with a 30 MOA.

I happen to have one on a rifle right in front of me. It's a 20 moa base and a 6mil/20.6moa spuhr mount. I can dial up 26.2 mils from my 100 yd zero. It's enough to get a 300 Norma Mag past 2000 yds. I can also dial .7 mils down from zero.

Is your scope MOA or Mil? The Mil version has more elevation and where people were using the 40 MOA bases. The MOA should work with a 30 MOA.
Mine is a Mil/Mil sorry forgot to post that. And I know there is a diff between the two when it comes the range of motion for moa or mils.

Reactions: Rob01