• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tough 6.5 bullet

ollie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2008
Apollo Pa
I'm looking for a tough 6.5mm bullet. I need as much penetration as possible as well as expantion. It will be shot out of creedmore at 200yds or closer. This is for a elk size animal.

Partition
A-frame
ELD-x

TSX
GMX
LRX
TTSX
ELDX

See the pattern? Pretty much anything that ends with an X although I would leave the ELDX as a last option.

Also, whatever bullet federal uses in their fusion line...

Last edited:
There is a new 6.5 hunting solid coming out from Finger Lake Micronics that PVA will be selling. Ask @bohem for more info. Theyve already been proven on elk and mule deer at long range. @coldboremiracle got the deed done with them.

I'm looking for a tough 6.5mm bullet. I need as much penetration as possible as well as expantion. It will be shot out of creedmore at 200yds or closer. This is for a elk size animal.
Kind of a strange request really. Some might consider a CM too small for elk, I am not among them, but if you are limiting distance to only 200 yards then it doesn't matter, but why then are you worried about such a robust bullet? Inside 200 yards I am quite comfortable that any hunting bullet parked in the right spot will do the trick.

Regardless, if you are looking for a tough 6.5 bullet for hunting:
Search no longer Read about it here on coldboremiracle.com
and here is the video:

Last edited:
I'm looking at shooting a kudu on my next trip. The creedmore is my main gun that I'll be using. Hopeing the 6.5 slug is up to the job at hand

143 eldx worked for me earlier this year in that exact situation

I've also taken 2 elk with the 6.5 Grendel using 120gr Barnes tsx. Those stayed together and opened up nicely. Both were 1 shot kills- no fuss, no tracking.

2780 out of a 24 inch barrel. Never recovered the bullet. It's lodged in a mountain side somewhere

Reactions: ollie
The old lady shoots .260 and the 127 Barnes LRX she has never lost an animal yet. Couple deer at 100-200yds and several elk from 60 out to 350yds. I have never recovered a bullet from any of her kills or mine. Always pass through and leave a devastating channel and exit. Always lung mush. I think I have 43.0 grns of Hybrid 100v behind hers. Bout 2800 IIRC.

I have had a lot of meat loss with jacketed bullets coming apart and spraying lead all over the place. Switched to barnes about 10 years ago and couldn't be happier.

Reactions: Jack's Dad
Take a look at the Federal Edge TLR / Terminal Ascent.