• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tough Search,,, Light Chest Rig

RicosRevenge

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2009
D/FW
Hey guys, I'm looking for a light chest rig to run in tactical rifle matches here in hot ass Texas. Would need to hold (2) AI mags and (2) .45 mags only.

I've done a bunch of internet window shopping; but without experience on fitment, etc... its kinda like looking for a mail order bride.

I'm leaning toward something with molle attachments to customize it but I'll listen to every suggestion. Bottom line, I need LIGHT and COMFORTABLE!!!

Thanks a ton!

~ Rico

Re: Tough Search,,, Light Chest Rig

i would look at getting just a simple Modular Assault Panel and then attach some pouches. for your mags... Thats about as light as your going to get.

I know its not a chest rig but, another option is the Sotech pistol belt. Plenty of molle to hang whatever you need on it. I think you can even attach suspenders to it if you get to heavy with your setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AlabamaShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know its not a chest rig but, another option is the Sotech pistol belt. Plenty of molle to hang whatever you need on it. I think you can even attach suspenders to it if you get to heavy with your setup. </div></div>

^^^^This^^^^

Run a belt only if you are talking 2-AI Mags, and 2-Pistol Mags. You will need a dump pouch, and a thigh rig or some other pistol transport.

I run:
ATS Warbelt
Tactical Tailor Duty Belt
Tactical Tailor pouches
CSM Dump Pouch
Safariland 6004 cut down to ride higher,
And a utility pouch from Tactical Tailor for chewing tobacco!

You will do better with a belt system and a small pack to resupply from depending upon the match.

If it's hot out - you don't want chest or back covered

LBE, MolleBelt, pouches

The ATS Slick Front Harness is made from 500d Cordura, which is lighter than the typical 1000d. The H-style harness is easier to get on/off then the X-style of the Eagle chest rigs. Being a "slick" chest harness with PALS webbing only, you can add whatever pouches are appropriate for your needs. Quality is top shelf and the price is right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RicosRevenge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, I'm looking for a light chest rig to run in tactical rifle matches here in hot ass Texas. Would need to hold (2) AI mags and (2) .45 mags only.

I'm leaning toward something with molle attachments to customize it but I'll listen to every suggestion. Bottom line, I need LIGHT and COMFORTABLE!!!

Thanks a ton!

~ Rico </div></div>

Try this. It works and will do exactly what you want.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1439502#Post1439502

http://www.redtacgear.com/

Thanks for the replies and the PMs... looks like the belt may be a better idea. Do they make a specific molle pouch for a Skoal can? That would seal the deal! HA!!

Ended up buying an ATS Warbelt with a Tactical Tailor Duty Belt, double pistol mag pouch, small utility pouch and a Triad double AI Mag pouch.

I'll wait for it all to show up before deciding what to do with the holster. I like it to ride on the hip not on my thigh.

Thanks again.

~ Rico

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RicosRevenge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the replies and the PMs... looks like the belt may be a better idea. Do they make a specific molle pouch for a Skoal can? That would seal the deal! HA!! </div></div>

Handcuff pouch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RicosRevenge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the replies and the PMs... looks like the belt may be a better idea. Do they make a specific molle pouch for a Skoal can? That would seal the deal! HA!! </div></div>

The Blue Force Gear Boo Boo Pouch is about right.

LOL! They have it in "tacticool" colors too...

acularge.jpg

desertlarge.jpg

To all my fellow dippers, chewers, and spitters...
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BoR6V2AQpQo"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BoR6V2AQpQo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

While I can't help you out with the Skoal can, it looks like others have stepped up to the challenge anyway. I'm rocking this handy-dandy piece of kit from Tac-Ready and absolutely love it:

https://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/tac-ready-gear/tac-ready-mag-harness.html

Like pretty much everyone else, I don't like things down on my legs, and even though something like the Sotech pistol belt is better, if you start getting it too heavy, they are a pain in the ass too. If that becomes the case, I'd highly recommend the suspenders. I just personally like to have my stuff even higher, YMMV.

Stu at Red Tac makes the Apollo rig, just right for comps, light can add whatever you need.

I've got a empty first aid kit for holding loose ammo on the right side, a dump bag on the left, Serpa on the right up high, and lots of room left for anything else that may be needed for a specific comp.

snuffcaddy... i can die happy now, as I have now seen everything
smile.gif